Liz’s Waterbox 70.3

Welcome, I am from RI as well. If you ever want to split an online order to make free shipping pm me.
I like to buy from club members MOfo corals, and Frank 180, and of course Dong at Acro gardens.

Glad to hear your power outage was not a problem! Your hawkfish is doing great. Seeing increase in size already. It is a tough customer. It was going toe to toe with a 4-5 inch fat blue damsel this morning! No problem though. Roosts in my gorgonians, sps, leathers. Very cool. The kids love her!

Glad to hear your power outage was not a problem! Your hawkfish is doing great. Seeing increase in size already. It is a tough customer. It was going toe to toe with a 4-5 inch fat blue damsel this morning! No problem though. Roosts in my gorgonians, sps, leathers. Very cool. The kids love her!

Oh thats awesome to hear! Yes, he is a tough guy. He used to hang out in my gorgonians too. Super neat.

Figured I would update this.

Got some new corals in yesterday including my first clam. Got a bonded pair of shrimp, and tomorrow I am expecting another clam from Pacific East Aquaculture because the first one they sent wasn’t the one I ordered. So since I am adding clams, I need to keep a close eye on my parameters.

B8555470-0FD7-48DA-BD5B-FEB5B315F242.jpeg

3A6058B3-2F44-4F81-9305-1B8E11A3FEC8.jpeg

7AEF9783-3F1F-47A3-A11B-645442A5CFD3.jpeg

15CF7542-DE28-4AB7-820B-FA499E4C1AA4.jpeg

And a shot of my nano planted tank. Getting some Bloody Mary shrimp for it soon.
482937C9-AD53-46EB-A74B-33E872C24206.jpeg

Got an elegance and a couple acans from OSA yesterday. Yep- drove through that awful rain on the highway. Thought I was going to die- but it was worth it to see the corals ;)

Also just ordered a bunch more “asian” acans from BSA corals. So now I have seven morphs of acans to start my garden. Have no idea where I will put them. Clam will be moved to the rocks I think near the zoas.

Oh and one of my nero 5’s decided it was toast. So I have a new one on the way. And now my ecotech backup isn’t working. So fml. Haha
783B0BAF-B75E-4D41-B597-3389D6445B4B.jpeg

Got an elegance and a couple acans from OSA yesterday. Yep- drove through that awful rain on the highway. Thought I was going to die- but it was worth it to see the corals ;)

Also just ordered a bunch more “asian” acans from BSA corals. So now I have seven morphs of acans to start my garden. Have no idea where I will put them. Clam will be moved to the rocks I think near the zoas.

Oh and one of my nero 5’s decided it was toast. So I have a new one on the way. And now my ecotech backup isn’t working. So fml. Haha
View attachment 152496
The battery on my ecotech battery backup failed too. I ordered a new battery on Amazon for $40 and changed it out. It was way easier than I thought it would be and works great.

The battery on my ecotech battery backup failed too. I ordered a new battery on Amazon for $40 and changed it out. It was way easier than I thought it would be and works great.

Thing is I have only had it since September.

What was happening to yours? My vectra remote would glow red which is supposed to indicate low charge. But the battery backup’s light was green showing full charge. Just sucks, its brand new.

Thing is I have only had it since September.

What was happening to yours? My vectra remote would glow red which is supposed to indicate low charge. But the battery backup’s light was green showing full charge. Just sucks, its brand new.
I had tested mine by unplugging the power to the mp40 and the backup would keep the power head on, however the back up was still plugged into working power from the wall. Once I unplugged the backup from the wall the powerhead would just turn off. So the battery itself was just dead. Opened it up and replaced the battery and now works like a charm.

If you just got yours I feel like it should be covered under warranty. Mine is years old.

All your money? I've said that before then walked out of the lfs with a bag of corals the next week..

Well I don’t like to add up what goes into the hobby. I get spurts where I spend a lot and then recuperate enough cash to do it again. Its a vicious cycle. But at least I can frag some stuff now and throw the funds back into the tank. Thats the best.

Nice!!! When I get my new tank I plan to go crazy with acans again!!! I almost want to keep the same amount of rock that's in my 25 gallon and it'll be closer to 50 gallons if I get the corner tank I really want!

Nice!!! When I get my new tank I plan to go crazy with acans again!!! I almost want to keep the same amount of rock that's in my 25 gallon and it'll be closer to 50 gallons if I get the corner tank I really want!

I have though about making a acan dominant tank. They are just so awesome. However I need to see how their color will change over time. No point if they are all going to shift to bland reds and greens. I hear the LEDS will do that. Maybe my T5s will help

I had my citrus acan (one in my profile pic) shift colors when I switched to LEDs but they were cheap ghetto LED's not a real fixture... Let me see if I can find a picture in my build thread...

Tank was looking happy today. Getting my alk dialed in pretty good. Moves about .1dkh in two days now.

C1FEFC2E-EAAE-4522-9B33-E09A9C3875AD.jpeg

Hammer definitely does better with alk at 8. I was running a bit lower and it was finicky. Now its fluf.
91BAC3E6-031D-4C12-ADCA-F577C07EDAF7.jpeg

Love these fish
860727C3-9B92-4109-90A8-CD57AC240102.jpeg

Close up of some new plain acans. Simple and pretty.
E647CE34-0C98-485F-9B1F-A4B3CDF10289.jpeg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back