Liz’s Waterbox 70.3

Lizbeli

BRS Member
Hello all, I am from Bristol, Ri and just joined. Figured its time to connect with reefers in my general area and hopefully meet a few of you in person for some coral trading!

My current focus is a waterbox marine 70.3.

Main Equipment:

Lighting- 2x kessil a360x (soon to be T5 hybrid)
Flow- 2x AI Nero 5
Return- Vectra S1
Dosing- GHL Doser 2.1
Skimmer- Nyos 120
KP Aquatic live rock and some dry rock
Caribsea Oolite Sand

Stocking:
Longnose Hawkfish
Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse
Black Frostbite Clown
3 Zebra Barred Dartfish

Its still a young system, but im trying hard on this one to keep some nice sps piecesalong with choice softies and lps. And of course RFAs. Currently using the Aquaforest Balling solutions.

Attachments

• A01FD107-BCEA-47E5-8708-06ED10220B8C.jpeg
    A01FD107-BCEA-47E5-8708-06ED10220B8C.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 718
Welcome!!
Beautiful set up! I love your rock work and the corals look great!
That's going to evolve into a gorgeous reef!!

Thank you so much! Eventually it will get to the point where I can start trading with you guys!

Good to hear! I haven’t seen too many tanks on it for some reason. Do you have any sps? Im going to look for your build thread :)
I am not great at update the build thread unfortunately...:rolleyes: BUT June 9th we are doing a zoom tour of my set up and another members. You should check it out!

Hello all, I am from Bristol, Ri and just joined. Figured its time to connect with reefers in my general area and hopefully meet a few of you in person for some coral trading!

My current focus is a waterbox marine 70.3.

Main Equipment:

Lighting- 2x kessil a360x (soon to be T5 hybrid)
Flow- 2x AI Nero 5
Return- Vectra S1
Dosing- GHL Doser 2.1
Skimmer- Nyos 120
KP Aquatic live rock and some dry rock
Caribsea Oolite Sand

Stocking:
Longnose Hawkfish
Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse
Black Frostbite Clown
3 Zebra Barred Dartfish

Its still a young system, but im trying hard on this one to keep some nice sps piecesalong with choice softies and lps. And of course RFAs. Currently using the Aquaforest Balling solutions.
How much for the 2 kessil ?

Hows that EasySPS EVO working for you?

Hard to say exactly. Only because I made a lighting change around the same time by adding T5s. So im not sure if the results I am getting are from the food or light change.

However, I had this one acro that was always a pale pink. Now its getting color and I crazy polyp extension. Everything seems to have colored up. With exception of my pink lemonade which has small polyps. Think its in too high of flow.. Anyway, I only dose 2ml a day. The T5s are only on 4hrs a day right now with a goal of a full 8hrs. So I hope its the food helping out. My rainbow mili turned from green and some pink to bright pink and yellow. But idk. Could be lighting.

All in all, I plan to keep dosing it. In the future once corals are acclimated to the lighting I can increase the dose of easy reef and see what happens.

Well sounds like you have everything under control. PE could be because of the food and color because of the lights. Or both because of the food or both because of the lights or your tank is just maturing and this would have happened no matter what or something totally different but who knows. The good thing is something is working and its making your corals pop. Regardless its good to have another reefer close by.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back