Looking for All - in- one system

clamm

Nothing to nobody
Im looking for a all in one system.

Must have
MH Light,skimmer,heater,flow,refuge
No bigger then 30 G.

Those that I have considered are the Aquapod, JBJ, and I think red sea had one too.

Please let me know how you like yours. I have been reading not so good things about JBJ...seems there Just by junk that I expericed with one of their lights still stands true.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Only thing I don't like about the two you mentioned is that they're acrylic. Those Elos tanks that Jeremy sells are sweet, however pricey. Have you looked at the glass Finnex all in ones?

I have a reg 30g Oceanic Cube..

hob skimmer
hob fuge
current USA MH

I think it's a better setup than an all-in-one as you can use any skimmer, and light you want etc.. something breaks you swap out or upgrade easily.

Last edited:
I have both a 24g Aquapod HQI, and a Red Sea Max...I think both are great and have unique advantages as well as dissadvantages. However you say you are looking for something with MH and a skimmer, but none of the options you are considering have both.
If you are looking for both you will have to do some modding. I have added a great skimmer made by Tunze to my aquapod. Also the Red Sea only comes with T5s so you would have to take the top off and purchase a MH fixture if you want the halides. Also, you said you don't want anything over 30 gal...not sure if it matters but the red sea is 34.

the finnex 30g preety much sums up what you want. I pesonally feel the skimmer is eh so so. I replaced it with a tunze 9002 DOC.

here's some pics of mine.....I will say this is your looking to export nutrients none of the built in fuge tanks are effective.....it might deter algae growth and be a natural food source, I wouldn't expect more than that from it however...

The finnex is easily upgradeable.......I can add anything HOB if i wanted to....I was running a bak pak skimmer, the tunze is 3 times better in 1/4 the footprint...

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55239&highlight=finnex

Last edited:
I got turned off of finnex when they had heater problems they wouldn't own up to.

They later did, but I haven't been a customer since.
Only thing I don't like about the two you mentioned is that they're acrylic. Those Elos tanks that Jeremy sells are sweet, however pricey. Have you looked at the glass Finnex all in ones?

i have considered this option. It still is an option. I love the oceanic 30.
I have a reg 30g Oceanic Cube..

hob skimmer
hob fuge
current USA MH

I think it's a better setup than an all-in-one as you can use any skimmer, and light you want etc.. something breaks you swap out or upgrade easily.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back