Looking for help to drill tanks

If you can’t find anyone soon I am sure we will be able to help you at the February meeting with drilling. Keep is updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've successfully drilled a couple tanks that I had laying around I'm no pro but 8/8 is a good record I've drilled lots of rock and tile at work and there's no difference

I've successfully drilled a couple tanks that I had laying around I'm no pro but 8/8 is a good record I've drilled lots of rock and tile at work and there's no difference

Oh yes there is! When you make a mistake on a rock or tile you're only down a rock or tile.. when you mess up one panel of a tank your down a whole tank. It's not hard though, low and slow, lots of water. I'm only 4/4.. I don't know if this sounds bad but I wouldn't drill someone else's tank. I'd let them use all my sh** to do it and coach them.. once you've seen the face of a highly dissatisfied customer.. anyways. I'm in Dedham and I have 2 sizes. I'll have to check, pretty sure 1 1/8" and 1 1/4". I have a clamp on jig made, you fill it with water and drill away, add more water as needed, pretty sure fire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'm in Weymouth and have a 1/14 and 2 in and your right about it being out a tile vs tank haha but it's the same idea for drilling techniques if u need help pm me

Go to the meeting that will have tank drilling as an exercise. There will be people there who will guide you on how to do it.
I was able to learn to drill a tank and showed newcomers how to do it on the same day. Do it a couple times on a scrap tank and you will have enough confident to do it in the future.

Go to the meeting that will have tank drilling as an exercise. There will be people there who will guide you on how to do it.
I was able to learn to drill a tank and showed newcomers how to do it on the same day. Do it a couple times on a scrap tank and you will have enough confident to do it in the future.

I'm going to bring up that we need do have more hands on diy stuff at meetings I will try to bring my drills and a small tank to next meeting

Awesome. Thanks Guys. I'll try to attend the next meeting to see how its done. Maybe have a drill kit setup for the group like you do with the PAR meter.

I’ve always just used a dremmel with a straight diamond bit. Not a perfect circle but it all fits within the bulkhead.

I’m in Braintree and have a couple diamond bits. Also a guide and drill lol. If you want to use them let me know.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back