WTB Looking for led

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
What size is the tank? What brands and price range are you looking for? I have new and used ones.

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Amazon is the best place to buy those new. 5 These type of led don’t last long and the spectrum is poor.

MarvinsReef

Non-member
what makes a led light have poor spectrum? If a Chinese box light has an assortment of leds ranging from 420nm up to 660nm and is the proper wattage what really distinguishes it from the more expensive lighting. Is it the layout of the leds or the brand of led bulb or both?

508jfisher

Non-member
what makes a led light have poor spectrum? If a Chinese box light has an assortment of leds ranging from 420nm up to 660nm and is the proper wattage what really distinguishes it from the more expensive lighting. Is it the layout of the leds or the brand of led bulb or both?
I’ve run a black box for over a yr n grow sps fast growth response to

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Both the chips quality and the number of bands that covers the entire spectrum.
Especially the spectrum quality of the white led and the violet/near UV led at 400 to 420 nm range.

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
For soft coral, zoas and many lps, blackbox led grow them just fine.

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
I have been debating on changing to mh t5h
If you want to go this route, used MH/t5 combo is still a good choice if high quality bulbs are used. A used MH/t5 fixture is cheap, but the new bulbs can become expensive quickly.

Upcoming Events

Sunday December 29, 2019
December Meeting
12 to 4 pm
Framingham Elks
450 Union Ave
Framingham, MA 01702