Lots of fish came like that and Died - Is this sick fish?

thespsguy

Non-member
Unfortunately, I trusted and even paid in advance $1450.00 for 6 fishes that were sent in 2 shipments. They came like that with lots of white spots, 1 came dead already all beaten up and the others start dying one after another and now my other fishes in my system are sick and even couple died already.
Can anyone give me your opinion here since you all are experts, please.
Are this sicks fishes? Will infect my system.

The person said to me they were already in QT for 3 weeks for me in his QT tank, so nothing to worry about.
The place is in Texas and calls exotic fishes.
I sent the money upfront, he was very nice, as soon as I got this sick fishes and I asked for his help and later the money, he disappeared.

Attachments

• _IMG_2997.JPG
    _IMG_2997.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 448
  • _IMG_3003.JPG
    _IMG_3003.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_2987.JPG
    IMG_2987.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_3010.jpg
    IMG_3010.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_3011.jpg
    IMG_3011.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_3017.jpg
    IMG_3017.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_3018.jpg
    IMG_3018.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_3019.jpg
    IMG_3019.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_3024.jpg
    IMG_3024.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 419
Ouch man, sorry to hear that. Looks like they are pretty sick. You could try to do like a copper or prazi treatment but it’s looks like they might be pretty far along in the disease whatever it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch man, sorry to hear that. Looks like they are pretty sick. You could try to do like a copper or prazi treatment but it’s looks like they might be pretty far along in the disease whatever it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know man, I tried right after they came, 1 was dead already and then one died after other. I want just make sure what this white spot was. but sure they came all sick. It was ridiculous someone send fish like that. But thank you for your support

I dont really know much about online fish but what i do know is that having some sort of guarantee is necessary otherwise they could just send you the worst fish and blame it on shipping.

Hi Paulo, Sorry to hear the news on your purchase from this guy. I think the fish are sick, hard to tell from pictures with what exactly. I would assume other fish were exposed to it if they went right in the tank. I would not sweat that too much just yet. If your temp swings more than a couple degrees F each day, I would stabilize that and raise it to do so. If you are at less than 80 now, try going slowly to 80, and if you keep losing fish try 82-84. As long as all of them are eating lots of food, they should be fine at higher temps. The idea is to hasten the life cycle of the parasites on the fish and increase metabolism of the fish so they eat more and become stronger than whatever is ailing them. Some bacterial problems that are hard to treat with drugs respond well to elevated temps too. If all this does not threaten your inverts then it is an easy possible remedy to try. If the fish you have left are not really sick and acting mostly normal I would not move them out, or add any treatments to your tank. Instead, keep disturbance of the tank to a bare minimum, whatever you do to feed and that is it. Forget algae magnets or any other tinkering. No aquascaping... and the like. Just peace and hopefully they will gain natural defenses back. I know you like pellets, but I strongly recommend supplementing with some frozen mysis and marine algae if you have herbivores, like feeding nori, either chopped or on a clip. Also, soaking any foods in Selcon never hurts. Good luck!

If the fish came looking that bad, why on earth did you add them to your system and risk every other fish you had?
Did you read my message man? Also if you go in his FB page, he promises he QT every single fish, he warranties everyone, plus when he speaks with you over the phone, as I have also in text messages, he had this fishes on QT for 3 weeks especially for me. Last and not least, I did pick up this fishes 5amat cargo company at Logan on Sunday, it was dark and apparently, none of this was showing on between lots of fish puppies inside the bag. How could I not trust by him doing all this? I would take your word if you said so. BUt thanks for your comment anyway
Lesson learned here

I dont really know much about online fish but what i do know is that having some sort of guarantee is necessary otherwise they could just send you the worst fish and blame it on shipping.
That true my dear. Thanks for the comment

You bought these from Rodney hicks / exotic fish n tanks ? You should post this on the facebook page since he is constantly pushing fish on there .

You bought these from Rodney hicks / exotic fish n tanks ? You should post this on the facebook page since he is constantly pushing fish on there .
I did in google, FB and everywhere on his page as well. Thanks man

Sorry about your fish, how the other ones in your system are doing? Velvet is a nasty disease I hope you don't have that, It could wipe out your whole tank in few days.

Sorry about your fish, how the other ones in your system are doing? Velvet is a nasty disease I hope you don't have that, It could wipe out your whole tank in few days.
They all are getting sick as well. What should I do? Since I have lots of corals and I can not medicate my system.

I believe most of the treatment need to be done on a a separate tank, can you remove the fish using a trap.

Last edited:
Hi Paulo, Sorry to hear the news on your purchase from this guy. I think the fish are sick, hard to tell from pictures with what exactly. I would assume other fish were exposed to it if they went right in the tank. I would not sweat that too much just yet. If your temp swings more than a couple degrees F each day, I would stabilize that and raise it to do so. If you are at less than 80 now, try going slowly to 80, and if you keep losing fish try 82-84. As long as all of them are eating lots of food, they should be fine at higher temps. The idea is to hasten the life cycle of the parasites on the fish and increase metabolism of the fish so they eat more and become stronger than whatever is ailing them. Some bacterial problems that are hard to treat with drugs respond well to elevated temps too. If all this does not threaten your inverts then it is an easy possible remedy to try. If the fish you have left are not really sick and acting mostly normal I would not move them out, or add any treatments to your tank. Instead, keep disturbance of the tank to a bare minimum, whatever you do to feed and that is it. Forget algae magnets or any other tinkering. No aquascaping... and the like. Just peace and hopefully they will gain natural defenses back. I know you like pellets, but I strongly recommend supplementing with some frozen mysis and marine algae if you have herbivores, like feeding nori, either chopped or on a clip. Also, soaking any foods in Selcon never hurts. Good luck!
Man thank you very much for your time in write this great advice. That means a lot. I will follow all steps. Thanks again

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back