Low nitrates

pugz508

BRS Member
Good Morning everyone,

Looking for some information/opinions on nitrates. Currently my nitrates are testing zero on both hanna and api. My stock list in mostly euphylia, so I do understand them as to thriving in 5-10ppm n03. I began dosing brightwell neonitro for three days now with no increase. My skimmer is offline, I feed heavily, only filtration currently is socks, chaeto, and some gfo. My p04 was slightly high at 1ppm which makes me want to slow down on feedings. All other parameters within normal limits.

Is there a better product for dos8jt nitrates? (As I'm already beginning to burn through my first bottle of brightwell).
Should I worry to much about chasing nitrates when dosing ab+ and target feeding the euphylia? Thank you.

Last edited:
Get this stuff and follow the guide to the T

20220727_110033.jpg

Here the guide

Neonitro sucks at raising up your n03. I went through 2 or 3 bottles before I gave up on neonitro. This potassium nitrate will raise your n03 fast and effectively.

Im using the reef moonshiners method and it uses stump remover which I think is exactly the same. I ordered it on Amazon. Works great, just keep an eye on levels once you start dosing you might see the level stabilize and you might need to cut back.

View attachment 180140

Here the guide

Neonitro sucks at raising up your n03. I went through 2 or 3 bottles before I gave up on neonitro. This potassium nitrate will raise your n03 fast and effectively.

View attachment 180140

Here the guide

Do you make a bottle of it at a time? If so what's your process? Like if I want to make a 24 oz bottle? Thank you for sharing. I'm tired of buying Neo Nitro

Do you make a bottle of it at a time? If so what's your process? Like if I want to make a 24 oz bottle? Thank you for sharing. I'm tired of buying Neo Nitro
The link to the guide showed you everything you need to know about mixing and dosing. You just enter everything into the provided calculator

Thanks joker this is really helpful. Drichard I came out with this amount for my particular tank using jokers link. 20oz bottle with 5 tablespoons of potassium nitrate would yield a .25ppm increase in my 100g tank per 1ml of fluid. So basically 1ppm/4mls = 20mls for the desired 5ppm im shooting for.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-145755_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220727-145755_Samsung Internet.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 68
Thanks joker this is really helpful. Drichard I came out with this amount for my particular tank using jokers link. 20oz bottle with 5 tablespoons of potassium nitrate would yield a .25ppm increase in my 100g tank per 1ml of fluid. So basically 1ppm/4mls = 20mls for the desired 5ppm im shooting for.
I would not jump that fast in increasing your n03. I would do something 1ppm every day until you reach your goal. This will also help with see exactly how much n03 your tank is actually using per day as well

Got it thanks pugz

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back