LTR - 300g 10-11-14

LoveTheReef

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
It's coming along well :) Nice and slow *cough cough* lol

Still learning how to take videos from my DSLR but here's a crappy one anyway :) -- Be sure to watch it in HD!

http://youtu.be/MtzCvYsofuY

[video=youtube_share;MtzCvYsofuY]http://youtu.be/MtzCvYsofuY[/video]

Is the baby blue and orange aussie torch for sale? How about the yellow green hammer frag.

Almost everything in the 300g is for sale at the moment -- I say almost because I have a couple of favias and a couple of other corals that I'm not letting go :p

Corals just ended up in the 300g because our coral tanks ran out of room and my stubborn self couldn't help but keep ordering more every time I come across something nice ... heck, possibly expecting a big euphyllia order early next week (time to re-build my euphyllia collection!!!!) if my supplier gets the stuff I'm been haunting them for! :p

- Archit

Thank you! :)

I can absolutely hold them! The Aussie orange torch isn't doing too hott so I need to keep it around for a little bit anyway ..

For the lobo, did you want the full colony or just a head? It's a rather large colony but if you're interested in the whole thing, it's yours! :)

Thanks again guys!

- Archit

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Cool looking tank archit. Love all the different colors. What are you using for lights? Everything pops nicely

Thank you for the kind words everyone! :) Most definitely a dream come true!

You're an LPS hoarder. lol
Let's put some acros in there!

Soon ... very very soon! :) Just waiting for my new light. Tank is way too deep (front to back 36") to be supported by a single Hyperion :)

Cool looking tank archit. Love all the different colors. What are you using for lights? Everything pops nicely

Thanks! As of now, the tank is lit with Pacific Sun Hyperion 3 x 145w panels. It's a LED only fixture. I'm expecting to get my Pandora (it's T5s and Leds) fixture soon though -- need the coverage and 'lights on the sides' because I'm already having 'shadowing effect' from our rock work and other corals :)

Also the extra "pop" that you see in the video is probably because the video was taken under blue lights -- the corals pop under white light also but blues obviously accentuate the colors a bit more.

Thanks,

- Archit

beautiful!!

Would the light (2x145W) be able to cover 24 inches front to back?

Thanks Adam!

Yep! Don't get me wrong, the Hyperion is giving me sufficient light for all our LPS even in the 36" wide tank front to back -- the reason why I want to get the Pandora ASAP is because the way our rock work is setup (a lot of ledges, etc), and the number of corals I have in there, the corals that are under the ledges are getting shadows; having the T5s (or any light source for that matter) on the sides will help remove/reduce this shadowing effect tremendously.

The 2x145w lamp will definitely cover front to back on a 24" wide tank easy; however if you plan to keep SPS, I would still recommend a Pandora or at least getting T5 retrofit kits with the Hyperion to prevent the shadowing effect.

Thanks!

- Archit

Thanks Adam!

Yep! Don't get me wrong, the Hyperion is giving me sufficient light for all our LPS even in the 36" wide tank front to back -- the reason why I want to get the Pandora ASAP is because the way our rock work is setup (a lot of ledges, etc), and the number of corals I have in there, the corals that are under the ledges are getting shadows; having the T5s (or any light source for that matter) on the sides will help remove/reduce this shadowing effect tremendously.

The 2x145w lamp will definitely cover front to back on a 24" wide tank easy; however if you plan to keep SPS, I would still recommend a Pandora or at least getting T5 retrofit kits with the Hyperion to prevent the shadowing effect.

Thanks!

- Archit

Good to hear.....I think the Hyperion S will be sufficient for my new plan, but do you have a link to the T5 retrofit kit (just in case :) ).
Thanks

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back