MACNA: Phew...It's finally over

Status
Not open for further replies.

scavdog

Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
What took 14 months to assemble has finally come and gone. A symposium/trade show that boasted over 1200 attendees has undoubtedly raised the bar for future hobbey conferences.

While MACNA XVI was not without drama, it was still a well organized event that people will recount for years to come.

I would like to take this chance to thank the people that were involved with the organization and execution of what has been the largest MACNA conference to date.

Moe: You were the catalyst for the BRS. Remember chatting about MACNAin Greg's basment over 3 years ago? It's hard to believe that we were given the chance participate in something like this. I can't wait to work on the future of this org with you.

Jim: You are in Japan. But your help in the planning was priceless. Not to mention the BRS would not be the institution it is today without your financial skills. Noone can touch you.

Ron: You have a knack for making things happen. Your organizational skills propelled this conference on many levels. The scope and bredth of this conference would not have been attained without your hard work. Thanks.

Emily: You are a whirlwind. Had I a fraction of the organizational skills that you possess.... Thanks for your kindness and hard work. Thank the girls as well.

Rob: You're a doer. A passionate guy that has been relentless in completing action items for the MACNA committee. Sorry things worked out as they did. It is a shame.

To the BRS BOD (Greg, Mike W. and Mike A.): Thanks for your help and guidence. Thanks for believe in and knowing what the BRS stands for.

Karl: Thanks for being you. You've been a pinch hitter for the BRS, filling in when noone wanted to deal with certain situations/obligations. Your beer and wine are'nt too shabby either ;) .

Paula: I can't say enough. There would have been no raffle without your dedication and hard work. You're #1 in my book.

Joe and John: There would be no website without the work of these 2 guys and the MACNA web committee.

I can go on for days.....

Little P, Sherry, Dennis, The McClellans (The dynamic trio!), GUSTAVO (AV Master!).

Speakers: YOU ARE MACNA! 1000 Thankyous!

Sponsors/Exhibitors: TFH, NEAQ, Cumberland Farms, Pacific Aquafarms, etc etc etc. Thanks for believing in us.

If I left anyone out I am truly sorry.

I, like many others are drained from this event. As it turns out, I had to travel for work following the conference. Otherwise this may have been composed sooner. I am truly looking forward to a quiet weekend.

Too bad it had to turn into a slugfest. I am not in the mood to contest who was right or wrong. Events have run their course and I am still sticking to my guns that this conference was an overall success. I've lost enough friends over this event. I am glad it is done. After all....It is a fish club? Right Mike?
But it is that "fish club" that I will defend with everything I can muster.

Please keep it positive. I've had it up to my ears with negativity.

Financials will be posted as soon as we have them. Nomination committee is in the works and has been for some time (for those who want to know).

Looking forward to a productive future.

Joe Scavo
BRS President :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back