Macro Algae

Nixperience

Non-member
I'm setting up a new tank to cycle next week and I wanted to use some macros in the display to create a shore to reef lagoon. I want macros that will export nutrients, but nothing too fast that I will have to be constantly trimming and pruning. My plan is to do 3 mangroves on the hill and then I was thinking red and green gracilaria, codium, and galaxaura. Then I will work into some softies and a 2-3 easy stonies like a hammer, Duncan, and blasto maybe.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with these macros and has any advice. Thanks.

No experience but I'm interested in some for my display as well. I'm thinking mermaids hair and shaving brush for some greenery

Shaving brush looks cool, but uses calcium. Still having thoughts about that one. Mermaids hair looks cool, but I know nothing about that one.

have you looked at dragons breath, I used to buy it from a local guy that worked at petco, he had a very nice tank with a ton of different macros. You might want to do a search on the sale forum and send him a message.

Thanks. I'll probably order a bunch and use them in my temporary tank for a month while the new tank cycles. That will let me know which ones to keep.

Back