Majano Wand

Unfortunately this wand is a “too good to be true” and expansive device.

It injuries aptasia and majorno instead of killing them. Then they multiply like mad.

It should be used for propagation of aptasia instead of elimination.

Also it make a good dog chew toy when it is unplugged.

When hung on the wall as a decoration, it constantly reminds you that you had wasted $150 for a piece of Mr. Hankey that failed to bring joy for your Christmas.

One practical use for this piece of Mr. Hankey is for grade school science fair project. When you stick this wonder stick in saltwater and power it up, it produce bubbles. And.... drum roll... these bubbles smell like bleach. I am not making this up. From the grapevine, aka Amazon reviews, said those bubble were actually chlorine gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:):D

I have three pepermint that have lived with my sixline for months np. Mine whiped out about 25-30 aptasia in about two weeks. I wouldnt mind getting them out of my sump.
I might hit you up on those Sparky. LOL Mine got fat and stop eating and have disappeared LOL
they might be under the rocks hiding but theyre definitely good when they knocked out about 75-80% of the aptasia in the 40br i have with just the live rock...

So I wanted to provide an update. I have used the wand 4 or 5 times now and have knocked out a significant amount of aptasia. Mostly the larger ones. I have now seen my filefish and peppermint shrimp actively going after the smaller ones that I either didn’t get with the wand or have multiplied from not getting everything. I guess the 1 berghai nudibranch that made it into the tank could be helping too. I feel like the tides are starting to turn in my favor...,

Unfortunately this wand is a “too good to be true” and expansive device.

It injuries aptasia and majorno instead of killing them. Then they multiply like mad.

It should be used for propagation of aptasia instead of elimination.

Also it make a good dog chew toy when it is unplugged.

When hung on the wall as a decoration, it constantly reminds you that you had wasted $150 for a piece of Mr. Hankey that failed to bring joy for your Christmas.

One practical use for this piece of Mr. Hankey is for grade school science fair project. When you stick this wonder stick in saltwater and power it up, it produce bubbles. And.... drum roll... these bubbles smell like bleach. I am not making this up. From the grapevine, aka Amazon reviews, said those bubble were actually chlorine gas.

BURN!!! Lol alittle harsh no dong? That lazer things seems to good to be tru aswell

Try it and wait for a week or so, then watch the aptasia come back in force.

There are plenty of products in this hobby that do absolutely nothing, but this wand not only make things worse by stimulating the spread of aptasia, it also produces chlorine gas in saltwater tank.
The manufacturer knows it too.

Def gimmics everywhere. Turbo twist uv. How does that increase contact time???? Lol

Yes it does by increase surface of water/light contact.

Yes it does by increase surface of water/light contact.

So does spinning water from say stiring have same effect? Waters clear it can sing dance and twirl. Contact time is a simple gph and time in vessel no matter the number of times it tumbles

I thought the same thing. At first glance it seems resonible but if you look at waste water treatment plants non have twisty designs. Ive wirered several commercial large scale products. These products have companies with huge r and d budgets. In the millions. Of the three different kinds ive installed non are of twisty type. There is huge amount of real world reef knowledge that can be gained seeing these places.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back