Major construction zone

JPags

BRS Member
My jaw fish has decided to start a major construction project. He’s been grabbing snails. Corals and anything he could carry and then covering them with sand to build his home. I have to keep an eye on my corals because they keep disappearing into his pile . Need to make sure you are prepared before you buy one of these guys for your tank. Even though he’s a major PITA I still think he’s a pretty cool fish.

9A3DC79D-FF09-437B-A9FF-D237794A8D7B.jpeg

Massive pita fish haha but they are cool if you can deal with it.

Yea I learned that the hard way. Im giving him enough empty or dead shells to hopefully keep him happy. We’ll see

Did you see the drama? Never again I’d do it in a display tank. They’re in the temporary tank now. Not sure what to do with them yet.

I missed this, but I bought him before you posted that. I had one before who found the same place I’n my rocks and was just happy not much building, This one wants to build a castle around him. He seems to have settled down a bit now that he has a good sand pile. I put a bunch of rocks and old shells there and then he covered them with sand. i'm hoping he's happy now. The good thing is my tank is not set so I can easily move stuff around since i'm just getting going. This fish has a such a great personality I cant see taking him out of my tank ill just try to give him what he wants so he stops building, or ill just keep tearing it down and keep him busy rebuilding it :)

I don't see the personality everyone is talking about. While the fish color is bright and beautiful, it always has a downer grumpy face. I feel depressed looking at it tbh.
The 3 weeks I had them in the display, all it did was hide in the burrow when it's not digging and burying my corals on the sand. Dart out like a ninja to get the food when it's feeding time.
All I see is this.
images.jpg

Mine sits there all day looking over the tank. I sit there and he stares right back at me, we have staring contests off an on all day. Not sure why yours was not out a lot.

My tank is too busy with other fish and not suitable for a jawfish that likes a much more quiet tank.
I put the fish in the tank then researched after and asked myself what have I done.

Yea I did the same thing with my pistol shrimp and I’m noticing my crabs are disappearing. Some people say they don’t touch them but i think mine is crab hunting because I seem to have lost a bunch

why swim all day when you can build an arm chair and relax while monitoring everything going on outside the tank.:) Maybe I should make him som popcorn
:oops:
1755E5C5-D790-4AD5-945E-D7C52EC29C9B.jpeg

I guess he wanted to decorate his new pad with some other corals :D
48DC3184-34A2-4100-B29E-45DD04AEE0B5.jpeg
:D

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back