Mandarin and Diamond Goby

jcherepo

BRS Member
Has anyone successfully kept these two together in a reef tank? Would like to add a goby to help stir up the sand. 180g with 20g fuge. I would like to think that I have a fairly large and healthy population of pods. However a couple of weeks of having my mandarin and the pod activity at night has gone down a bit. Thanks to PaulB, I have been feeding my mandarin live baby brine shrimp to help supplement his feedings. Have also added the 5280 pods from Algae Barn.
Thanks,
Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Mandarin in a 200g tank with no fuge and it's survived and grew a lot without eating anything I put in the tank, so I'd be very surprised if you had any troubles.

My two mandarins eat a lot from the sand bed, so if a diamond goby is a sand sifter perhaps he could sift out all the pods, for fear of competition I keep my stocking list with fish that won’t greatly effect the pod population. I have had a male mandarin in my 40 for 3 years come December and his female mate for a year in January, both trained to pellets but still very dependent on live foods the tank provides. They are in an IM40 with a small fuge in the back. Also my yellow watchmen is aggressive toward the mandarins occasionally so that may be another thing to consider.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back