mantis thread (my attorney)

That's cool he's a smasher.... I think bashing shi1t apart with a hammer is much cooler than stabbing it with a little knife. Just my opinion, but I'm a little destructive by nature :rolleyes: :D

Steve

is there anything that is somewhat compatible with it....can you put anything in the tank besides him?

dz6t said:
You can get the brown color one in China town.
I think I've seen them in restaurants. But obviously not nearly as nice looking as this guy.
Pretty cool. I've been thinking about getting one myself. Is that an acryllic tank?

jebar777 said:
is there anything that is somewhat compatible with it....can you put anything in the tank besides him?

at that size, it would be tough to find something to survive. maybe a large chocolate chip starfish or something along those lines. larger aggresive fish would probably be fine also but not in an 18 cube. i have another mantis that is under 3 inches and lives with a disappearing wrasse, sargeant major damsel, and chocolate chip star and doesnt bother any of them.

MarkO said:
I think I've seen them in restaurants. But obviously not nearly as nice looking as this guy.
Pretty cool. I've been thinking about getting one myself. Is that an acryllic tank?

yea, its acrylic. i bought the tank just for him. i had the lfs hold him for a few weeks while i prepared the tank.

APISTOBORELLI said:
If you pay my med bill and give me $50, I'll pck him up.

no med pay, but im sure i could get a decent audience to each pitch in $20 or so a head and get that number at least doubled. ;)

Dude, I saw this guy at Sea Creatures a couple weeks ago and fell in love - hence my post in the Equipment section "WTB: Acrylic Tank". I was wondering why there was no price for the little guy. You already snatched him up...damn you!

Yeah, he was NOT shy at all. He watched me watch him and came right out as if to challenge me. Great find! How much was he, if you don't mind me asking?

I'll be setting up an acrylic shortly and ordering one. I guess I'll have to name mine Raul Duke. "I think he's samoan" killed me, by the way. Nice reference.

- Skins

SkinnyPete said:
Dude, I saw this guy at Sea Creatures a couple weeks ago and fell in love - hence my post in the Equipment section "WTB: Acrylic Tank". I was wondering why there was no price for the little guy. You already snatched him up...damn you!

Yeah, he was NOT shy at all. He watched me watch him and came right out as if to challenge me. Great find! How much was he, if you don't mind me asking?

I'll be setting up an acrylic shortly and ordering one. I guess I'll have to name mine Raul Duke. "I think he's samoan" killed me, by the way. Nice reference.

- Skins

duke or gonzo were other my other choices on names. :D :D :D i paid $50, but it is tough to find one this size. sorry that i beat you to him but as soon as i saw him i was like oh yea... here is another pic i took real quick. kind of crappy but whatever. :cool:

Attachments

• picicici.jpg
    picicici.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 411
Wow, made me wish I kept mine. It hitch hiked in some Live Rock and I gave it away. Didn't know how cool they were until afterwards. =(

Use the special light in the BRS library and check the mantis out.
He probably has some awesome flourescent colors.

Moe_K said:
Use the special light in the BRS library and check the mantis out.
He probably has some awesome flourescent colors.

huh?:confused: what is the awesome light? i have a little laser actinic light thing from boston aqua farms that make corals glow like all hell at night. is it simiiar to that? thats a great idea by the way.

YO DEREK, pics and mantis look frickin sweet.Well knowbody else understood what you were talkin about. sooo '' ARE U A RACIST ''.

The light is a narrow band of blue with yellow goggles which filter out that light. That way you see only the florescence of the object. It works just like that police forensic light. Mantises have nifty patterns with it.

WAY cool creature! Dawn-Natybug in Nobleboro ME had one she called 'B---h', loaded with personality, came right out to have picture taken. Liked the flash I guess. Sue

Back