Maroon clown is nesting?

GobyWanKenobie

BRS Member
My maroon clown has been in the tank for a couple of years. All of a sudden she has decided to redecorate. She's making a mess with her tail and moving snails and small pebbles with her mouth. I'm getting tired of digging my corals out. Should I try to get her a mate or will she eventually stop?

Am I the only one who's ever had this problem? My percula in my other tank is over 10 years old and never did this. The maroon is probably 3.

I had a pair of maroons and also a pair of tomato's that did it constantly. Every time they were ready to lay a clutch of eggs.

Very common for a mature maroon, we see this often. Getting a mate will probably only increase nesting behavior. Once they decide it's their territory, it's theirs lol

Very common for a mature maroon, we see this often. Getting a mate will probably only increase nesting behavior. Once they decide it's their territory, it's theirs lol
Definitely don't want it to get worse so no mate for her! Unfortunately, she picked the prime real estate in my tank so I hope she eventually stops.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back