Masacured an expenceive Coralife Bio-hood in hope of making a...

SMI

Non-member
Pendant. Why not, Knowbody is doing Compact Flouresents, but there is a whole buncha LEDs, I drilled fine holes through the top of said hood mount temp light guard, traced with red pencil and gonna work my way thew it sn it etc. Sand and counter, make a nice Pendant lamp, perhaps?
20171004_181813.jpg
20171004_181433.jpg
20171004_181813.jpg
20171004_181433.jpg

Why not use a sledgehammer? It will get the job done quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My tank hoodless I figure what the hell why not I paid $60 for the whole tank setup on Craigslist not going to throw the hood out make a pendants maybe I'll get another tank someday maybe someone needs it I'll donate it since when are compact fluorescent and a whole bunch of LED so bad, it's not like I'm making a metal halide pendant
20171007_110633.jpg
20171007_110643.jpg

I just added a small piece of PVC with some holes in it just to spread out the water from my UV sterilizer that's tucked into the thermometer Bay
20171009_131657.jpg

I transformed a bio29 into a fresh water planted and the lights seem adequate for the plants...I would think they would be fine for softies and zoas. I just rebuilt the entire hood with new fans, sockets, wiring and it works well. cost me all of 10bucks for parts. Could have bought some leds but would have cost 10 times that.

A controller would be a must tho if running a reef on this small tank to have a fan kick on to keep the tank under 26 Celsius...or a small chiller. The temp swing in fresh doesn't seem to be an issue.

The stock pc were only producing 50 par halfway up in the middle of the tank for me. I had to upgrade to leds to grow anything more than shrooms and zoas.

S

I'm just doing it to do it maybe someone can use it the the the wiring took a little work, however, seam s sound, the guy that I bought the setup from had put the wrong size led in the moonlight clip housing, evidence of the wigging and the arcking, lol

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back