MASNA Cancels MACNA Pittsburgh 2023 Show

Weird! I wonder what happened. Never been but I love watching the videos.
No idea, heard it last night and just saw it posted by Reef Builders. I was told by someone at MASNSA that they no longer have local clubs host ans everything is handled by them. I was hoping that maybe BRS could host again in the future, but I guess not.

Interested to hear what happened though IMO frag shows are better than MACNA. MACNA (went once in 2016) has some new and cool gear but nothing I found mind blowing, at least for someone who reads forums, Reefbreeders etc. and generally knows what's out there. MACNA often gets good speakers, but again, nothing you can't find online already.

No idea, heard it last night and just saw it posted by Reef Builders. I was told by someone at MASNSA that they no longer have local clubs host ans everything is handled by them. I was hoping that maybe BRS could host again in the future, but I guess not.
I was at the NE Aquarium when we did it and it was amazing...

Interested to hear what happened though IMO frag shows are better than MACNA. MACNA (went once in 2016) has some new and cool gear but nothing I found mind blowing, at least for someone who reads forums, Reefbreeders etc. and generally knows what's out there. MACNA often gets good speakers, but again, nothing you can't find online already.
Not 100% on the this one but I heard through some industry peeps that they've lost their whole board of directors.

AGAIN, NOT TRYING TO SPREAD RUMORS HERE. Could be anything really.

Another possibility could also be that maybe they don't want to hold an event so close to an ultra toxic spill that's impacted highly the surrounding areas?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back