Matted file fish.

One Eye

former vp of pr
BRS Member
After Red Sea aiptaisia x did a great job of multiplying the aiptaisia in my tank I decided to get a matted file fish. It is eating something off the rock, not aiptaisia but something I can’t see. Usually within inches of aiptaisia. Sometimes it looks at an aiptaisia for a few minutes then swims away and pecks at the rock somewhere else.

Anyone else ever get a matted file fish, also known as aiptaisia eating file fish, that does not eat aiptaisia?

dakar652

dakar652
BRS Member
I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing at your misfortune. i'm a horrible person...but not on purpose.

p.s. a little pre-karma for me...I found my first aptasia today on a frag I got from a member here (thanks alot to the guy that I can't call out on the forum)...i can't wait until they spread like wildfire (yes i can)

Last edited:

One Eye

former vp of pr
BRS Member
Glad I could entertain you.

Is this the only non aiptaisia eating, aiptaisia eating file fish in history? Should I call the talk shows? Maybe I can do a couple paid appearances and buy an aiptaisia eating file fish that actually eats aiptaisia

dilligaf29

BRS Member
I've had a matted file fish for over 2 years in my tank . Took him few weeks to get a taste for the aptasia but when they do they are gone in no time . Return yours and take mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironwood

BRS Member
Mine didn’t seem to eat it at first either and then all of a sudden it was all gone. He is still in the tank and seems to eat pellets now. I haven’t had aptasia in months

jah-hoeva

BRS Member
I've had a matted file fish for over 2 years in my tank . Took him few weeks to get a taste for the aptasia but when they do they are gone in no time . Return yours and take mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking to part with him? HMU if you are.