Matted file fish.

One Eye

former vp of pr
After Red Sea aiptaisia x did a great job of multiplying the aiptaisia in my tank I decided to get a matted file fish. It is eating something off the rock, not aiptaisia but something I can’t see. Usually within inches of aiptaisia. Sometimes it looks at an aiptaisia for a few minutes then swims away and pecks at the rock somewhere else.

Anyone else ever get a matted file fish, also known as aiptaisia eating file fish, that does not eat aiptaisia?

I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing at your misfortune. i'm a horrible person...but not on purpose.

p.s. a little pre-karma for me...I found my first aptasia today on a frag I got from a member here (thanks alot to the guy that I can't call out on the forum)...i can't wait until they spread like wildfire (yes i can)

Last edited:
Glad I could entertain you.

Is this the only non aiptaisia eating, aiptaisia eating file fish in history? Should I call the talk shows? Maybe I can do a couple paid appearances and buy an aiptaisia eating file fish that actually eats aiptaisia

Don’t worry, I bought a Molly Miller blenny to eat aptasia and algae and he’ll starve before he pecks on anything except frozen food

I've had a matted file fish for over 2 years in my tank . Took him few weeks to get a taste for the aptasia but when they do they are gone in no time . Return yours and take mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine didn’t seem to eat it at first either and then all of a sudden it was all gone. He is still in the tank and seems to eat pellets now. I haven’t had aptasia in months

I've had a matted file fish for over 2 years in my tank . Took him few weeks to get a taste for the aptasia but when they do they are gone in no time . Return yours and take mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking to part with him? HMU if you are.

Sneaky little guy. I’ve never seen him even nip at an aiptaisia but I no longer have any in that tank!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back