May '04 Frag swap

Well I'm going to be heading out for the night, I assume you didn't get around to it. I'll keep my eye out on here or you could email me [email protected] whenever you have the chance to frag it.
Cheers!
Chris

Greg stuff available for the May meeting

See the web site www.angelfire.com/ma3/ghcorals/ for photos of the mother colonies, and detailed descriptions of growth patterns, colors under different lighting conditions, origin of mother colony (if known), and generalized care. All of these are from MY OWN tanks, or friends tanks, some have been in tanks for multiple generations, most for several years.

SPS:

Acropora (all my Acropora are red-mite [parasite] free, for more info on these buggers see my article in the June, '03 edition of the on-line magazine Advanced Aquarist http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/june2003/toc.htm):

Larry Jackson's purple-tipped Acro. - 2" frags available, $20/ea, these might be fresh frags held in place with putty epoxy, several very large colonies about 3-4" square available - $45 each for these

Purple-tipped Acro. with fine branches (originally from the New England Aquarium reef tank) - 2" frags $20/ea - these might be fresh frags held in place with putty epoxy, but they will be decent sized

Acropora kirstae? (originally from Tropicorium, I think their id was correct), very thin, delicate-looking long branched brown with white tips Acro with beautiful (I don't say this lightly) structure. This is a somewhat sensitive Acro., and does not do well under all conditions. This was named after Veron's wife, FWIW. $15 for a 2" frag

Acropora ?aculeus? - bushy growth form with yellow highlighted coralites - particularly pretty under lots of actinic lighting - 1-2" frags - $20/ea

Blue-tipped A. formosa? (wide open stag-type form) - $20/ea - one available - multi-branched, +3" branches

Blue-tipped, 'hairy'-polyped long-branched Acro, A. abrolhosensis? - 2" frags - $15/ea

Bright green tissue with green polyps Acro - grows very fast - the slimer - 1-2" frags (small bushy colonies) - $17/ea - these might be fresh frags held in place with putty epoxy

Aqua with blue tips Acro - very fast growth - 2" frags - $20/ea - these might be fresh frags held in place with putty epoxy

Pink with yellow tips Acro available 1-2" frags (and yes, before you ask, it really is pink with yellow tips!) - $22 each, one large, multi-branched colony for $28.

New Acro with blue highlighted polyps, originally from Dr. Mac. - very fast growth - 2" frags $25/ea - this is super bright nearly solid blue/aqua under 400 W 10K German, a paler, solid light blue under the Iwasaki bulbs - very limited availability

Anacropora puertogalarae (I'm actually fairly certain of the id on this) - pale brown, very fine and delicate branching species that grows quickly even under moderate lighting, does not effectively encrust, the colonies I sell are imbedded in putty epoxy - 2-3" multiple branched colonies - $15/ea - several very pretty colonies available

Bright yellow Porites lichen - this is an encrusting species from a high wave zone in the Pacific - it will add some color to your rock structure - $10 for a 1" diameter fragment - several available

Green Hydnophora (this does not encrust well, you may have to remount upon receipt) - 1-2" frags - $18

Montipora:

Bright green M. digitata - 2-3" frags, most with multiple branches - $17/ea - I also have some very large colonies for $25 each.

Bright orange M. capricornis (probably actually M. delicata or M. foliosa) - forms beautiful whorled structure, grows VERY fast even under moderate lighting - 2" to 3" frags - $20/ea

Purple M. capricornis (also may be M. delicata or M. foliosa) - the polyps are bright purple and the tissue is a less intense purple, grows fast under moderate or strong lighting - $20 for a 2" piece

Bright green M. capricornis (also may be M. delicata or M. foliosa) - grows fast under moderate or strong lighting - $20 for a 2" piece

Green with purple rim M. capricornis (also may be M. delicata or M. foliosa) - very flashy coral - $27 for a 2" piece - only ONE availble - this is one hot item!

Greenish Pocillopora damicornis (the green is in the center of the coral between the branches, and is not evident under all lighting conditions), does well even in low-moderate light - 1-2" diameter colonies - $15/ea - several available.

Brown Pocillopora damicornis (polyps have a faint green hue to the tips under VHO), does well even in low light - 1-2" colonies - $12/ea

LPS:

Caulastrea (candy cane, or trumpet coral) - 2-3 large polyps - one available - $15

Soft corals/zoanthids:

Bright Yellow Fiji Leather (yes, I've learned to propagate them) - Sarcophyton elegans - 1-2" - $20 - READY to go!

Light Brown Colt coral (Klyxum, the correct new genus from the new soft coral book, by Fabricius and Alderslade) - $15 for a 2-3" colony attached to a small rock

Yellow colonial polyps (bright yellow, like tiny coral flowers) - $15 for a colony - minimum of 25 polyps - available

Green tree corals (likely Sinularia though possibly Nephthea) - one of the fastest growing and hardiest soft corals I've ever owned - $15 for a colony (typically 2-3" when expanded)

New SCREAMING green tree coral (brighter green, but slower growing and encrusting than above variant), under many conditions this coral does not fully extend its polyps, but is still healthy - $18 for a 2" colony - these pieces might not be tacked down, but have been attached with the toothpick method, and will not come off their mount

Green wagon-wheel muchroom rocks - may also have orange available - minimum three mushrooms/rock, $15 for a rock

Hot pink Zoanthid colonies - $30 per 1" dia colony

Detritivores:

I sell them for the price of the trouble it takes for me to fish them out and bag them for you. They reproduce naturally in all my tanks, and none of them are harmful to corals or fish. These are all small critters, so shipping cost on them is very small. Get them into your tanks and they should reproduce. None of the cultures I send you will have the EVIL red flatworms!

- small snails (likely genus of Cerith, max shell length of 1 inch) 12/$5 - I have tons of these at the moment, no limit on order
- dwarf white (5 arm) or brown (six arm, and VERY brittle) brittle stars (max size is 1 1/2 inch arm to arm), two species (I won't guarantee I'll always have some of each, depends what I find when I'm fishing) 12/$5
- Gammarus amphipods - if you have live rock you probably already have them in your tank, but I'll be happy to sell you more! - 12/$5.
- Bristle worms (this species does not harm corals, Eurythoe spp.). 12/$5
- Live sand with worms - you can have a cupful for free if you are ordering some other things and chip in the $5-7 to ship it - if you want more than a cup the charge is $1.50/lb, but the shipping will kill you unless you are local :-(

I also sell hermit crab houses, empty snail shells I pick up at the beach, and sterilize by roasting in my toaster oven! - $5 for two dozen of various sizes (1/4" to 3/4" diameter)

E-mail me at [email protected]

- Greg Hiller

Chuck's Frags

All,

I can't make the meeting this month since I will be out of town that day for a wedding. However, I still have frags available for pickup at my home.

Here are my currently available corals:

Table Top Acro (Tan with Green Polyps) $20
Baby Blue Staghorn Acro $25
Electric Pink Millepora Acro (LIMITED) $25
Tricolor Acro (LIMITED) $25
Light Blue Millepora Acro w/Red Polyps (LIMITED to 1 or 2) $25
Green Bali Staghorn Acro (Green Slimer) $20
Larry Jackson Purple Tipped Acro $20
Purple Tipped Acro w/ Green Polyps $25
Purple Montipora Digitata $15
Orange Montipora Digitata (LIMITED) $15
Orange Montipora Capricornis $10

NOTE: Frags are 1.5 to 2 inches except for the LIMITED frags that are 1 inch. All frags guaranteed to encrust to your rock or replaced FREE of charge!

Most of these corals can be seen in my Reef Central picture gallery or on my website, or even on Reef TV !

Please DO NOT reply to this thread. Instead DO send me a PM if you are interested in any frags. And have a great meeting !

Regards,
Chuck Spyropulos

Tenius

Syris,

It looks almost exactly like my Tenius.
I have frags available ($25) on a very limited basis.

Regards,
Chuck Spyropulos

Syris said:
I'm looking for a frag of this SPS (pic below). I believe it is a A.Tenius?

If anyone has one please let me know, Thanks

tenuis1.jpg

I will have some frags of several different kinds of zoos for sale--
$5 small(6-8 polyps), $10 large (10-12 polyps)
dark green center w/ green skirt
bluish speckled center w/ orange skirt
bluish speckled center w/ green skirt
green and orange dot center w/ green skirt
green and yellow dot center w/ orange skirt

$10 small, $15 large
pink center with pink skirt

yellow colonial polyps $5--10 polyps
green star polyps $5-10
purple montipora digitata $10

anthelia and xenia--free

Let me know as soon as possible as some zoos are not fragged yet.

i am interested in:

bluish speckled center w/ orange skirt (small)
bluish speckled center w/ green skirt (small)

do you have any pictures? thanks.

I have a pic of the bluish speckled orange skirted zoos in my RC gallery. Otherwise I can email you that pic.
Noob and pios, emails sent.

Tricolor Acro (Tenius)

Yes, I do have one...if you want it let me know. The price is
$25 and you will need to stop by my house, since I will not be at the meeting
on Saturday. In fact, I will not be available all weekend so it will have to be next week sometime.

Chuck

Syris said:
Does that mean you have a frag available for me :D

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back