May 30 Newbie meeting cookout/fishgoo hang out

susyq458

Non-member
Come on down for some laid back hanging out, burgers and dogs and fish goo and newbie meeting.

Newbie meeting starts at 10:00

Fish Goo thread will be started seperately to keep the ingredients and sign up out of this thread. :eek:

Please RSVP on this thread or via PM so I know how much grub to buy.

I'll send out the address and contact number to anyone who doesn't already have it.

Come on down to Brockton :w

So, I just realized this is also the second annual Goo and BBQ at Chez DiBenedetto.
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63613

Here's the Goo list since I think I'll get confused if I make two threads. Just let me know what you want to bring. Same rules apply. You bring goo ingredients, you get baggies of goo.:D

Dry Food - Lori
Shrimp
Squid
Fish, Tilapia, SW fish - Sue
Clams
Mussells
Nori - Sue
Garlic - Sue
Oysters
Periwinkles
Fish roe
Sea urchin roe
Sea Green Vitamin supplements - various brands, powdered, from Whole Foods market
Echinacea capsules
Skins of colorful vegetables and fruits
Various pigment complexes of carotenoids
Antioxidants from Whole Foods market
Golden pearls
VibraGro
Cyclop-Eeze
Mysis shrimp
Brine shrimp
Baby brine shrimp( debrined) Krill
Ocean plankton
Powdered marine flake
Phytoplankton
Selcon

Last edited:
Hi there...I would like to come, there maybe two of us there may not be, I can let you know more towards the end of the week if that is okay. I guess I could bring Mussells but I have no clue what fish goe is so you will need to let know exactly what to get...:eek: and if I can bring anything else just let me know.

Thanks for doing this

bluemerie, we're happy to have ya or plus 1. The more the merrier as always.

Fish Goo is a mash of fish food goodness that we get together and make. Then everyone who pitched in gets a bag or two of the stuff to feed their fish. Now that you know what the contribution is for, let me know if you want to join in.

For people food, we'll have burgers, dogs, chips, dip, and soda. You are welcome to bring a drink, side, or anything you want to share on the grill.

Fish Goo Update:

Dry Food - Lori
Shrimp - Jay
Squid - Jay
Fish, Tilapia, SW fish - Sue
Clams
Mussells
Nori - Sue
Garlic - Sue
Oysters
Periwinkles
Fish roe
Sea urchin roe
Sea Green Vitamin supplements - various brands, powdered, from Whole Foods market
Echinacea capsules
Skins of colorful vegetables and fruits
Various pigment complexes of carotenoids
Antioxidants from Whole Foods market
Golden pearls
VibraGro
Cyclop-Eeze
Mysis shrimp
Brine shrimp
Baby brine shrimp( debrined) Krill
Ocean plankton
Powdered marine flake
Phytoplankton
Selcon

newbieQ

Hi Iwould like to meet some of you guys,would a bottle of vita-kem be ok for fish goo? And one place says 10am another noon what time is best and need address,look forward to goo party

Hi All,

I'll have to check with the wifey but think I can make this.
How much of any of the items will be needed for the goo?
Was thinking about pickin up some fruits & vegies but not sure of the quantities.
A friend of mine a very new reefer will probably also be interested.
If you can let us know what to bring for quantities it will help.
Also would this be a good way to use up some of the older...frozen food I have found in the freezer or should it just be tossed?
Thanks
Jay

Hi again,
Wife says good to go.
Kids love fruit so we can peel some and bring skins, what kind of fruit is good.
Also the old food question?
Friend is interested too.
Where & when?
Thanks
Jay

Thanks Susyq..put me down for the mussells I can get them at the fish market right? lol...I'll bring a side dish to potato salad if that is okay. Will we get pm's etc for directions? Thanks again really looking forward to it.

bluemerie, we're happy to have ya or plus 1. The more the merrier as always.

Fish Goo is a mash of fish food goodness that we get together and make. Then everyone who pitched in gets a bag or two of the stuff to feed their fish. Now that you know what the contribution is for, let me know if you want to join in.

For people food, we'll have burgers, dogs, chips, dip, and soda. You are welcome to bring a drink, side, or anything you want to share on the grill.

Ok. Just to bring everyone up to date and by popular demand, here's the updated schedule.

noon - Newbie Meeting led by our very own JayM

1:30 ish - First round of grub after newbie meeting.

2:30/3:00 - Goo making led by yours truly.

3:30 on grilling and more chilling.

PM with google map to all the have replied.

Hi Sue-

Me and Janet may stop by. We have a bunch of brine shrimp and mysis and other frozen stuff taking up room in the freezer. We've been waiting for you to have a goo party so we can donate it. Even though we're out of the hobby, it would still be great to see you guys!

-Danny

I'm working during the day but David and I should be able to get there by 4:30, the latest (if not too late for you guys), I'll make a dessert! :)

Jen has to work that day:(.....having one car isn't any fun:(.

Have a great time while I am trapped looking at my fish tank:(:D

Back