me too A BAD DAY! Suggestions please....

Like you stated it won't tell why it has lost connection. It could be running but maybe the router is down or It could be a wireless bridge connection issue if you use one (I always highly recommend hardwiring your apex even the new model, it's simply more stable).

I like that idea.. Can you share how you mounted your camera? How far do you keep it away from the tank? What is the impact to your wifi? I actually would love to check on my fishies during the work day.. so I could just log in and see my tank all day every day?

I don't know what your budget is, I have a Yi web cam on my home. It's enough to see what's going on and if it's off chances are the power is off. They also make Wi-Fi power alert plugs i believe. Under a hundred bucks but it sounds like you're interested In something a little more Intuitive??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

+1 on the heartbeat feature, text and an email if it ever loses connection with the network... like the router/modem losing power due to power outage. The notification is almost instant.

The heartbeat feature can be nice...HOWEVER if say your WiFi adapter dies and your Apex looses internet..it will text you constantly

mine sends me a txt when power out..idk

Covered above but....Unless you have the apex brain connected to a ups it technally doesn't alert you to an outage. It does tell you when it has lost fusion connection, which most often is power outage related. The next most common could be loss of internet.

The heartbeat feature can be nice...HOWEVER if say your WiFi adapter dies and your Apex looses internet..it will text you constantly

You can add a defer statement to only send it every couple hrs ect.

Here's russ m's post on how

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sh...ails!!!-(Apex-won-t-stop-sending-OFF-notices)

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back