Meat Night??

Midwest Grill in Cambridge? is it BBQ? and is it GOOD BBQ? cause well.... after living outside of KC for 11 years and growing up with a BBQ-pro for a Dad in SoCal, the BBQ that I've found in this area has been lacking, as is the Mexican. But you can't beat the Italian here!

I've had Mongolian BBQ and it was more like Chinese food, unless you just had them cook the meat with some bell peppers and onions. I'm hungry, I need some meat!

The fire in that picture is nothing compared to the flames at the last event. A couple people (not me) thought it would be a good idea to throw about 3 gallons of fry oil into a WELL stoked fire, poured it right down the chimney of the outdoor fireplace. It shot a fireball so high it engulfed the overhead power lines (which thankfully survived). Had it been daytime you probably could have seen a mushroom cloud.

The next day around noon I finally mustered up the courage to show my face outside to clean up the back yard, only to be quickly confronted by two neighbors; one of which leaped out of bed when he saw the reflection of flames on his bedroom wall, he said it looked like an inverted rocket engine.

Yeah, not my proudest moment... it was pretty cool though...

I think it's funny how people (im guilty of it too) have been seeing dates from early january 2011 and forgetting that this year is 2012 and they think the threads are oinly a few days old so they reply to them not realizing theyre a year late. I did that yesterday with a thread on here (i forget which one) but I think it was pics of Inverteds 59g reef.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back