Meetings

Distance seems to be big issue. Maybe have smaller local meetings spread across the state? North shore/ South shore/ central ma/ western ma/ southern NH. My hope for coming here was to meet guys in my area. Locking up 6-10hrs is alot to ask ppl that already have so much time invested in there tanks. Just my thoights sprinkle in more smaller meetings.

What are everyone’s locations. I know a lot of people do not put it on their profiles. It would be interesting to see where are majority of members are. We have had them on the north shore and south shore It all comes to turnouts. Typically Taunton has the most members show up as it is a kind of central area to RI & CT too as war have many members from these areas too. I am from the north shore myself. I will start a new forum called where’s your location so we can see this. it will also be a great resource to find other local reefers near you. Happy Reefing[emoji226]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't mind going to meetings but most of the time i'm working doubles and or weekends so it's hard to catch up. I'm excited to be heading to the Fragtastic event and look forward to meeting some members from the forum and getting the scoop on this hobby. So far i have not been disappointed in some of the members I've met and looking forward to meeting more along the way. This forum has helped me get back into the hobby again and been very helpful along the way. Keep up the great work guys! ;):):cool:

I don't mind going to meetings but most of the time i'm working doubles and or weekends so it's hard to catch up. I'm excited to be heading to the Fragtastic event and look forward to meeting some members from the forum and getting the scoop on this hobby. So far i have not been disappointed in some of the members I've met and looking forward to meeting more along the way. This forum has helped me get back into the hobby again and been very helpful along the way. Keep up the great work guys! ;):):cool:

Thanks for the kind words [emoji106][emoji226]

I like the idea of more smaller meetings spread out. I’m in southern NH so I could do nw MA but I can’t jet around the state for stuff.
That’s how they’ve been setup. We get 5-10 people. The quarterly would be best in my own opinion so everyone can plan out with work/family and also gives the BOD time to setup something better up with speakers / tours

I love the idea of the quarter meetings. This allows informative presentations and plenty of notice along with fun activities in between.

Sundays are better for me too. Like others have said, could be timed with when the pats are playing late (like the 8pm game this past Sunday) or not playing that Sunday. Quarterly meetings are also a good idea - makes them more special.

Location wise I think you guys do a good job of spreading them out.

I'm new and would love to attend a meeting. Unfortunately I can't make the show because I will be at the Pats game. My son Plays Friday nights so weekends are hard but I would make time on a Saturday. I need all the help I can get. Meeting more experienced members would be a help. I don't mind traveling, but maybe 1 central location or move it so everyone can attend at some points. my 2cents.

I'm new and would love to attend a meeting. Unfortunately I can't make the show because I will be at the Pats game. My son Plays Friday nights so weekends are hard but I would make time on a Saturday. I need all the help I can get. Meeting more experienced members would be a help. I don't mind traveling, but maybe 1 central location or move it so everyone can attend at some points. my 2cents.

i’m on the north shore also

I have question. Why is the club so concerned with Sunday meetings the Pats. Then why is the show on a Sunday when they are playing division rivals?
Won't that damper attendance? If I remember correctly meetings were always mostly on Sundays.
Again just my 2 cents.

I have question. Why is the club so concerned with Sunday meetings the Pats. Then why is the show on a Sunday when they are playing division rivals?
Won't that damper attendance? If I remember correctly meetings were always mostly on Sundays.
Again just my 2 cents.

When I went to book the venue in March this year that was the only available week end spot left. Except the same day as the OSA birthday. We didn’t know the schedule yet for the pats.

Gloucester here. Is the new England aquarium central to everyone this is Boston reefers after all. If not a meeting perhaps just an event. Also I like the idea local of tank tours. My place and tank are small and humble but I’d be willing to host something

Lynn here maybe a small fall cookout or pizza get together @ my place system is small only a 120g system. I’ll check with the boss maybe this can be an option for some to get together in the near future. I like Sunday meetings I like the pats but much rather socialize than sit on the couch alone and watch the game.. (maybe i’m a weirdo)

Lynn here maybe a small fall cookout or pizza get together @ my place system is small only a 120g system. I’ll check with the boss maybe this can be an option for some to get together in the near future. I like Sunday meetings I like the pats but much rather socialize than sit on the couch alone and watch the game.. (maybe i’m a weirdo)

I’m down

Just record the game and watch it later. You can skip the commercials that way. Maybe we can start the meeting at 10am. It worked for all the years i've been around.

One more thing I still haven't received a membership card will we need it at the door?

One more thing I still haven't received a membership card will we need it at the door?

we will be able to confirm membership at the door

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back