Mesh network wifi

Lucas

Einhorn is Finkle?
BRS Member
Anyone running this? My apex has a hard time in the basement. It’s not awful but annoying enough. Was thinking about making the jump. If anyone has any input that would be awesome thank you.

What is your main router at the moment? MESH can get pricey, pricey, pricey. Might be able to get away with just a better wi fi 6 router or as a example a used asus ac3100 .

I use a few year old Linksys Velop mesh system. 3 ac 2200 routers and a Arris SB8200 modem. 1Gb internet connection, although you'll never see more than 866mb through your wireless router. One in my bedroom/office, another in the living room and the third upstairs in the dining room. A little over 3 acres of solid fast coverage.

As of right now I have 39 devices connected and more when others come home. 4 phones, few lappy's, desktop, TV's, apple watches, smart bulbs and switches, etc.

After reading this thread a few weeks back (thanks guys for sending me down the tech rabbit-hole) I was leaning towards the Netgear Orbi AX6000 (Wifi 6 mesh). Seems to be sold out/back-ordered everywhere.

The AX4200 is available though (4.2Gbps vs 6Gbps):

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK752) – Router with 1 Satellite Extender | Coverage up to 5,000 sq. ft. and 40+ Devices | Mesh AX4200 WiFi 6 (Up to 4.2Gbps) (RBK752-100NAS)

The AmpliFi ALIEN Router looks cool (touch screen, graphs, etc.) and was high in the review ratings:

Decisions, decisions: purchase a Wifi 6 router, an AquaIllumination Hydra 64 HD LED Reef Light (to go with the two Hydra 32's I have), or a GHL Profilux/Neptune setup.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back