Mh ?

ceige

always wet hands.....
So I got my new mh retro fit kit today set it up, and it fired nicely. One question (never had MH before) how long will a 175 watt Ushio bulb give off that little flicker when warming up? Just want to make sure the bulb is ok. Thanks!

I think it's normal for them to flicker a little on startup, I have two Ushio 10K I think they do it, I never really paid that much attention. You will really like the MH, good luck.

Jim

You could check and make sure the bulb is in tight (not overly but sometimes there is a 1/8 th of a turn left in the bulb).

Jim, I got a Hamilton 175 10K instead of my usual Ushio and it seems less bright than the Ushio was. 2nd day of firing. Any exp. with this bulb?

Nice to know its all ok...seems great...nice and bright! Thanks for all the feed back.

I run 400 watt MH Ushio's and have for a year. They always flicker for a second. I don't know if it is the bulb, or the fact that the ballast is a pulse start. Not to worry though. I am on a year and they are going strong. The company told me I shoud get 12-16 months out of these bulbs.

thats a really long time for a mh bulb.I'd do some research on that before you let it go over 12 months. but good luck

addict

I think that 400's tend to last a bit longer than smaller bulbs and I have found that ushio's last longer than any other bulb I've tired. I once ran a ushio for over two years, never stopped firing but did color shift a good bit.

Back