Michael's NY Aquatics - any local experience?

JeanR

BRS Member
Hello, I am curious if anyone has experience with this vendor they can share.

I see a lot of mixed reviews on R2R, other sites....but to be honest my experience with buying fish from LFS is pretty bad so wondering how this place compares...especially given how the price of fish has shot up in the last year...

Thanks!

I’ve had great success with Michael but there was one flub, and it sucked. Bought 2 Diamond Tail wrasses, $250 each. He mislabeled the abs they turned out to be kwazulu wrasses……, crickets from him and it’s well know on R2R that this was an issue. Otherwise his fish are healthy, I just took $500 in the shorts.

I’ve had great success with Michael but there was one flub, and it sucked. Bought 2 Diamond Tail wrasses, $250 each. He mislabeled the abs they turned out to be kwazulu wrasses……, crickets from him and it’s well know on R2R that this was an issue. Otherwise his fish are healthy, I just took $500 in the shorts.
Ouch

If this is not allowed, please delete but I hope the next reefer doesn’t have to go through what I went through with this company. Here’s my NEGATIVE experience with this vendor, NYAquatics. My order arrived missing a fairy wrasse, happened to be the most expensive item on order, contacted the company immediately via email within minutes of opening the package, then via their message system on their website and then calling, and spent lots of time taking pictures of packaging and documenting everything. Finally got to talk to a man, who admitted the wrasse didn’t make it and would take care of situation. Several days past, still haven’t gotten any updates on the refund then multiple calls later over the course of two weeks with broken promises and finally no answer. My CC company is still waiting for the investigation. Very unprofessional and I will never do business with this company again. The sneaky thing is the packing slip in the box stated “shipped” and not “back order or not shipped”. Whether this is a business scheme or by accident, the lack of responsibility to take care of the situation is so unprofessional. Please save yourself. I gave this company more than enough time to do the right thing before even contacting my CC company. Never seen a irresponsible company like this and hope to never encounter situations like this again.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back