Midas Blenny, Mr Personality

mvallee

Non-member
I had a large Midas Blenny in my old tank and knew it was one of my have to have fish because of it's, personality, unique looks and inquisitive nature. I bought one on Divers den and put it in my relatively new tank with my ocellaris clown pair and I swear that midas is trying to make friends with the clowns, he is literally mimicking there swimming motions. Such an odd ball but so far everything I was hoping for, he follows my motions around the tank, I have a shrimp goby and when it comes out of its burrow the Midas twists and turns in his hideout just to keep an eye on it and what it's doing.
This is why I got rid of my Freshwater tank to go back to Saltwater so much more personality in the fish plus all the other inhabitants, corals, inverts and complexity make this a true hobby

What personable fish do you have that feel more like Pet than fish in a glass box?

So funny...I just decided within the last couple days that a Midas Blenny is going to be the next addition to my tank :D

I'm super glad to hear they're so social! Nothing worse than a fish that hides all the time (unless it's supposed to, I guess).

some crappy screen grabs from my phone but he really wants to hang with my clown fish, so cool
blenny1.JPGblenny2.JPGblenny3.JPGblenny4.JPGblenny5.JPG

No crazy antics but I love my one spot foxface and chocolate tang. All my fish eat out of my hand. My flame hawkfish lands right on my hand and eats as the food thaws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back