Mirror in a Reef Tank when introducing new fish!

higorc

Call me IGOR :)
BRS Member
So, I introduced a Yellow Pyramid and Copperband Butterfly Angel last night after almost a year since I last added my powder brown tag and another pyramid angel (which died after being bullied :().

I don't have a quarantine tank, but I left them in my frag tank in the sump for a day while they recovered from shipping and started eating before adding them last night to the DT.

Well, long story short the MIRROR TRICK WORKS!!!!

My A"Hole powder brown that thinks Everything belongs to him and everyone should bow-down to him stop harassing the new guys when the lights came on this morning and won't even leave the ledge where they usually hang.

What's interesting is the fishes that usually group up flocked to the mirror but the tangs stayed out of it.

The New guys are now chilling in the corner not being harassed while the tangs are trying to figure out why there's so many like them in the tank now :)

dcd3e6e6f1e60b16606914afab577409.jpg
d0511a4748cbaf3266028c4053cab8d5.jpg
993103e487b51591f89c1968073ae633.jpg
SmartSelect_20190629-094222_Video Player.gif
SmartSelect_20190629-095039_Chrome.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I shouldn’t say that because I got rid of my clowns because they were little piranhas chasing everyone in the tank. Didn’t even think of the mirror trick lol
Good to know that it works

I shouldn’t say that because I got rid of my clowns because they were little piranhas chasing everyone in the tank. Didn’t even think of the mirror trick lol
Good to know that it works

HAHAHA, "Piranhas" Even spelled it like a true Brazilian :)

I can definitely relate to that, clown fish are the only fish who intentionally attacked me in the tank and drew blood.

I had heard of the mirror trick but never tried it. I am pleasantly surprised it really works. I was super nervous introducing these new fish since I don't have a dedicated quarantined tank so I was willing to try anything.

So far the mirror seems to do the trick :)

HAHAHA, "Piranhas" Even spelled it like a true Brazilian :)

I can definitely relate to that, clown fish are the only fish who intentionally attacked me in the tank and drew blood.

I had heard of the mirror trick but never tried it. I am pleasantly surprised it really works. I was super nervous introducing these new fish since I don't have a dedicated quarantined tank so I was willing to try anything.

So far the mirror seems to do the trick :)
Only problem is I’m not Brazilian but Portuguese lol

Copperband and Pyramid angels are doing good [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back