Missing BTA

BeanniesDaDa

Non-member
I came home last night to find my tank all cloudy and my BTA missing. I bought some pepermint shrimp on my ride home so I started to acclimation and when on with the other tank maintaince. Well at a hour into acclimation of my pepermints I started to wonder where the BTA had gone. The next thing I know I'm ripping apart my LR to try to hunt down my BTA. I removed all the rock only to find he is not there. Anyone have any thoughts on this seems strange to me. I removed every piece of rock in the tank and check every nook and cranny looking for him. He has been in the tank for about three weeks and has been doing fine not hiding anymore, eating well. I just conserned that if its dead some where I dont want it to nuke the tank. Thanks for the help.. T.J.

Could be he got caught in a powerhead. This happens a lot. Most times if they die it seems like it is kind of a slow shrinking untill it is gone. Best of luck.

Its not in my power head, and yes moe it dose seem that my tank has some bad luck. The GSP is coming arround, but the missing BTA is the main problem now. Are thair any ideas of what could have happpend to it?

The BTA had no signs of stress, it had just found a nice spot to hang out in. I still think its strage that it just dissapeared.

From the cloudy water - I would say he died. I had a RBTA that slowly shrunk and then died in my tank.

As long as you have an appropriate skimmer, it should suck it right out of the water. (I run an EV200 on my 55, and I tested trAtes 2 days ago = 0)

Back