monitor your tank

So the "official group buy" that Scott was working on was from another LFS sponsor and different than the "Sea Creatures" thread that littlep is working??

Give Scott a chance to check the boards today. He'll clarify when he reads all this. I bet he has multiple PMs to wade through now too. ;)

Sea creatures, so far to my knowledge is the only tier 3 sponsor for the BRS.
The advantage of being a tier 3 means (regards to the group buys) they have first rights to all group buy listings. (Assuming they have the best pricing)
i sent an email to ALL of our BRS sponsors for pricing and surprisingly Jeremy at CRA was the only one who replied. :( Many thanks go out to Jeremy for stepping up to offer us a group buy price.

the reason why we have resorted to tier 2 and tier 1 sponsors is because John at sea creatures has very limited presence here on BRS. Without input from a LFS rep, I was nervous that too much would go unanswered.
In an effort to involve Sea creatures, I asked Mike (littleP) if he could get any info from john to keep faith with our tier 3 sponsors. mike always seemed to be their biggest fan....
Mikes reply is listed in this thread:
http://216.235.242.50/forums/showthread.php?t=1091

As much as I try to make this a fair bidding process for the LFS to pick up a group buy, first dibs will ALWAYS go to our Tier 3 sponsors. They support us the most as we should support them.
(LFS tier outline and what WE AS BRS MEMBERS GET IN RETURN)

bottom line TIER 3 comes first if they have the best price.
please see mikes thread for the PH monitor Group buy.
http://216.235.242.50/forums/showthread.php?t=1091

Last edited by a moderator:
I snipped out the terms of the sponsorship plan. That's not for public posting.
If members want to know, they can enquire at a meeting. :)
Most LFS already have received this info via email or on paper.

If anyone wants to discuss, send me an email, don't post here.

Thanks.

Thanks Scott, sorry to stir up sh!t but I want to make sure that Group Buys go through you to make sure that the rules are followed (as closely as possible ;))

My apologies to LittleP for him being the "scapegoat" and for my lack of tact at times. We can't just have Sponsors (at any level) just posting up Group Buys without going through Scott or the BRS Officers/BOD. And thanks LittleP for understanding my point of view.

I think I speak for the all of the Officers and BOD in saying that we appreciate everyone being patient with us as we try to keep the reigns on the club as it grows.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back