Movers for 300g tank?

Bostoncoral

BRS Member
Im trying to coordinate with a local moving company to pick up my new tank next weekend. (Someone i know from high school) but they have been ignoring me which leads me to believe they font want the job.

Just trying to cover my a**. Does anyone recommend a moving company that might be able to help next weekend?

My last resort is to rent a u haul flat bed trailer, and me, my brother and whoever else i can hire to help move it could do the job. Im guessing it will take at least 4 guys to move this tank. 4'x3'x27" 460lbs.

If i cant find a moving company would anyone here be up for the job next saturday? I can pay cash or coral?

Attachments

• 20200209_120831_HDR.jpg
    20200209_120831_HDR.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 20200125_185835.jpg
    20200125_185835.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 194
Tank is currently Located in Northborough and I live in Revere. Off rt1.

There are no stairs at all. Total distance to move tank is not very far.

I couldn’t find a moving company to help with my tank either. I ended up buying a hydraulic table lift, some vacuum glass suction cups and got some moving help with people from task rabbit. I’d recommend task rabbit—you can look at someone’s profile to see if they might be strong enough to help, plus it’s not that expensive.

Have you talked to the guys at love the reef? I know they do tank moves for big tanks, they might be able to help you out
Too much $ i would end up over
I couldn’t find a moving company to help with my tank either. I ended up buying a hydraulic table lift, some vacuum glass suction cups and got some moving help with people from task rabbit. I’d recommend task rabbit—you can look at someone’s profile to see if they might be strong enough to help, plus it’s not that expensive.
Ty. Ill look into it Where did u get the suction handles?

Have you talked to the guys at love the reef? I know they do tank moves for big tanks, they might be able to help you out
Yes. Ty. Thought about that but I just need the muscle to carry the tank. Everything else i got covered already.

did you try Brickhouse? might not open till monday. Pm me I will give you my # and tell you about the stuff they moved for me.

Ty. Ill look into it Where did u get the suction handles?

Amazon. I have 4 of them (dual suction). I think they hold 300 pounds each. If you promise to return them and feel like coming out to Newton, you can borrow mine for free, or you can buy all of them off me for $25.

Amazon. I have 4 of them (dual suction). I think they hold 300 pounds each. If you promise to return them and feel like coming out to Newton, you can borrow mine for free, or you can buy all of them off me for $25.
Yes ill buy them for sure!
Text me a pic of them if u can i dont always see these messages here
Geoff
978 751 2076

Thank you

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back