MrX's Build (Started 03/01/2020)

MrX

BRS Member
Well, I'm back... well, I never left the forums, but I'm back again with a new build.

I picked up a sweet system from Ryan (The 508 Reefer) yesterday and started setting it up in my home office where my previous tanks were located.

Specs so far:
- SC Aquariums tank (60lx24wx20h), euro-braced, starfire 3-sides with center overflow
- Custom built solid 2x4 construction stand (this thing is a beast! Ryan build it himself. 4 doors, easy access. He installed LED strips as well)
- Matching canopy with adjustable hanging wires
- 40-breeder sump (glass baffles for inflow/skimmer area -> refugium -> bubble traps -> return area)
- 2x 2x AquaIllumination Hydra 32 HD LED Reef Light (Black)
- 1x Jeboa DCP-5000 return pump
- 2x Jebao SCP-120 Cross Flow Pump Wavemaker with Controller (grye-style pumps)
- 1x Jebao Programmable Auto Dosing Pump DP-4 (never dosed before, we'll see if I end up using this)
- Rock and sand (sadly I'm nowhere close to getting this up and running so the "live" stuff won't be live anymore)

Yesterday I picked everything up and got it back to the house. Getting the tank inside was interesting. I need to invest in some suction-cup handles.

Will need to find/order some plumbing to get everything connected back together. Ryan gave me what he had so I'll reuse what I can. Have to figure out where I wrote down the company name he gave me for the black/red PVC.

Here's a few pictures:

IMG_20200302_134107.jpg

IMG_20200302_134117.jpg

IMG_20200302_134257.jpg

IMG_20200302_134322.jpg

FREAKINRICAN69

BRS Member
Beautiful tank. I must've just missed you while you were picking this up. That's going to be a great build for sure. GLWB

CAPSLOCK

Staff member
BRS Member
I'm jealous, that tank is awesome. Congrats on a great buy! Lots of real estate to fill up.

Reactions: MrX

BiGGiePauls33

IG/GreatBeardedReef 2020 President, 2019 BOD
Staff member
BRS Member
Officer
Probably go to FFM to check out dry goods and such and try my luck at the raffles.

Hoping to do the same, I do have corals for sale there too. Here's to hoping I can make out evenly, lol.

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
BRS Member
I saw this for sale and would have loved to snap it up for that price... Reserving a seat for the ride can't wait to see the progress...

Reactions: MrX

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
BRS Member
No water in it yet. It's yours for the low low price of (Dr. Evil finger gesture) "One million dollars!"
Well that's an offer I can refuse lol... I have decided if I get to finish my basement this tank would be the size I would want to do so I'll def be paying attention to this build...

Upcoming Events

April Meeting Cancelled Due to COVID-19