My battle with hair algae.

I currently have only 2 t5 over my tank instead of 4 and led and borderline starving my fish. (not really I just like feeding then more than I am) so far manual removal with low light and less food is working. My chaeto stopped growing a few months ago so I'm assuming there is potentially a lack of iron? It used to grow like crazy. I will try the boiling water today for the hell of it. Seems safe enough.

Overall new hair algae growth has slowed just one big patch in the back bottom where it's very hard for me to reach so the boiling water hopefully does the trick

Try using a new good toothbrush, clean the spots like your teeth. Toothbrush works amazing on hair algae. Dosen't address the overall reason, but you can remove, siphon with toothbrush.

I can't tell if I have hair algae or Lyngbya but whatever it is its completely taken over my tank. ive tried reef flux, vibrant, scrubbing it off the rocks during water changes and nothing works. almost ready to just break the tank down buy new rock and throw this rock in the trash.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back