my Fish are disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanse_2020

Non-member
hi everyone so question i got a 6 gallon tank. it had 3 clown fish very small now i only got one. first i cant find my favorite one. then today i notice i missing another one. theirs only one left i only got a small eel and a very small puffer, 3 clown were to big for the eel to eat them and hi never bother my clown and my puffer is to hes too soft to mess with the clown fish.

i try searching in the rock and nothing there no dead body around
I try filter are and around the tank and no way they can jump off

all 3 clown first one to

Attachments

• fish (2).jpg
    fish (2).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 198
First thing first, my best guess if you can’t find them in or around the tank the eel got them, you be surprised even how small it is, it could still eat them.

second thing, that tank is way too small to be housing all those fish. Surprised ammonia hasn’t killed them first. Small tanks will make them become territorial.

First thing first, my best guess if you can’t find them in or around the tank the eel got them, you be surprised even how small it is, it could still eat them.

second thing, that tank is way too small to be housing all those fish. Surprised ammonia hasn’t killed them first. Small tanks will make them become territorial.
i think is a 9 gallon tank and those clown were to big for the eel mmmmmm i hope not i be surprised to

Is there a cover
Lids are very important, did you check your filtration if you have a sump he might've squeezed in there you'd be surprised. I wouldnt keep more than even 2 fish in a 9 gallon, but i wouldnt be surprised if it worked out for you. I wouldnt doubt the eel eating a fish all and all it's a bad situation for all your fish, as long as you keep your eel well fed he might stop but I would check his belly

Last edited:
At night my clown fish swim at the bottom corner of my tank near the sand bed. They would be easy prey.

Lids are very important, did you check your filtration if you have a sump he might've squeezed in there you'd be surprised. I wouldnt keep more than even 2 fish in a 9 gallon I wouldnt doubt the eel eating a fish all and all it's a bad situation for all your fish
yeah i starting to think he eat them

This thread a joke? Eel and three fish in a 6 gallon.... what happened to my fish?? Really...!!

If it is not a joke and you are looking for serious information on how to keep the livestock you purchased alive we will be more than happy to help.

But please ask questions do a little research. Before caring for animals.

This thread a joke? Eel and three fish in a 6 gallon.... what happened to my fish?? Really...!!

If it is not a joke and you are looking for serious information on how to keep the livestock you purchased alive we will be more than happy to help.

But please ask questions do a little research. Before caring for animals.
No is not a joke it was just a question sorry due but someone people happen to make Mistake so if ur not her to help or guide new people in the Hobby like myself sorry. Just remember that people like urself can make mistake owen386. ***NO CALLING OUT MEMBERS ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back