My Kind of a 40 Breeder Build Thread

It's pretty easy. If you don't have a saw, you can get wood cut @ Home Depot or Lowe's, buy a cheap screw gun and a box of screws. Search stand builds on RC or R2R and go from there. Any questions, PM me or start a thread about stand building. There's plenty of great people here that will gladly help.
Good Luck,

Paul

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Started gluing some plumbing, need to take a break as the fumes are unbearable even with windows and fans on. Don't ever remember the usual purple primer smelling as strongly as the clear. Oh well, live and learn.​
MVIMG_20190109_173908.jpg

Small build update. Ordered some more plumbing fittings and pipe form BRS. Next Thursday or Friday plumbing should be completed, followed by filling this bad larry up with some water, sand and rock.

I am surprised I never thought to paint the frame of a sump.... it looks nice and will make your under-carriage look nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So today I went to a good friend's house and picked up a couple brand new goodies.
2 BRS dosing pumps
MVIMG_20190127_012240.jpg

I was told this pump needed replacing, but after playing around and not screwing the front cover on completely, it is up and running in this bucket.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190127111057790_COVER.jpg

Small update to the build, Painted the BRS Dual Reactor red and gray to match the plumbing scheme of the build

MVIMG_20190202_164359.jpg

Small update with some 2 x 6's I had laying around in the garage. I built this saltwater mixing station the other day with my Dad and daughter. I know it's overkill, but it was free wood to me. I'm going to take the BRS RO/Di unit out from under sink and mount it to the vertical board. If I didn't have 1 barrel filled with saltwater and rock, I'd start on plumbing up the mixing barrels.
MixingStation.jpg

Some filters
RODI.jpg
and tubing came yesterday, so I'm going to work on this project today of mounting the RO/DI unit and changing out the filters.

Couple of completed pics. Installed a drain into the waste pipe under the sink, put a ball valve on the supply line under the sink as well. Installed an RO Flush valve on top[ of the RO/DI unit. Don't mind the antique wall phone, lol. Not my house.
IMG_20190425_145313.jpg
IMG_20190425_145329.jpg

This build is the bane of my existence, stuck in the doldrums on what I can do physically. Here's a quick little update on some stuff that came in the mail a couple weeks ago.
Dosing Stuff.jpg

Updated shot of the tank and stand. Is it wet yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back