my New Red Sea Max 250 (RSM250) adventure.........

I believe I was posting on a different thread. But, nevertheless, I am sure it's been a long time. And this is the thread that I found on my search.

Hi MrX..... I will be more than happy to share with you what I have done. We can meet if you want and spent a nice reef chat. or just exchange TxT mesages and pictures. I will PM you.

The tank is all standard. I am using the Media Basket area with the "In Tank" media basket they sell as a refugium.

For details of the refugium you can read the first pages of my posted thread and the below thread:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...3-successful-rsm-250-refugium-media-rack.html

For lights I have the T5 that came in your RSM C-250 (different from the ones in the older tank model I have- RSM 250- ), plus some LEDs to give color, shimmering and also help more in coral growing.

Dosing: I am using Kent Marine (2 parts) Tech A and B (Before I was using A and B for nano tanks). Dosing pumps are BRS 1,1 ml/ minute controlled by a Reef Keeper.

Water: 100 % PETCO Natural Sea Water

Pumps: Standard RSM 250 pumps

Skimmer: Standard RSM 250 Skimmer

Wavemaker: Jebao RW 8 ( http://reefbuilders.com/2014/06/01/hands-jebaos-rw-series-propellor-pump-dosing-system/ )

The ATO is a JBJ. You can see a 1G bottle of distilled water on the left side of the below picture. The tank use 1G per week. I took out the surface fans because I have the chiller.

The air income of the skimmer takes air from the outside. See air tubing hanging from the window and going to the tank at the left of the below picture. That helps to keep the Ph between 8-8,2 (Night/day).

Cheers
Daniel
your tank is looking great.
if Jebao are the only powerheads you are running, then you probably want to get a second one for a backup.
They tend to stop working after a year or so
But tank is looking great.

your tank is looking great.
if Jebao are the only powerheads you are running, then you probably want to get a second one for a backup.
They tend to stop working after a year or so
But tank is looking great.

Thank you for your comment. The tank has 2 return pumps located in the back. This is an All in One Tank. One of those pumps go to the chiller. I have replacements for those 2 pumps. Concerning the Jebao I let them working till they stop. I replaced 1 after 3 years. The other has 2 years. With Amazon prime I get them in 48 hs free shipping. So for those cheap pumps I do not have replacement as they are easy and fast to get them.

In summary, the tank has 2 wave makers (Jebao) and 2 return pumps that move a lot of water.

Check online a cartoon of Red Sea Max 250

Cheers
Daniel

Great tank! It does mature beautifully. How do you plumb the refugium in?

By the way, I always have coralbox and jebao pumps in stock if anyone need one quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great tank! It does mature beautifully. How do you plumb the refugium in?

By the way, I always have coralbox and jebao pumps in stock if anyone need one quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a pump sending water to the fuge and returns by gravity. Fuge is in another room. See pictures.

If you zoom this last one. See upper left front corner. Bubbles are from the water coming from the DT. The returns are in the back (2 just in case of blockages).

Cheers
Daniel

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back