My new SC Aquarium starfire 120 gallon build

It arrived today after a long wait! Here it is in the box. I think it's going to be some time before this is up and running because I've decided to paint the room first and I have to plumb it to the basement sump -- which doesn't exist yet. It is 48x24x24 and it seems huge compared to my IM 38 gallon!

tank in box smaller image.jpg

Nice clean shiny new tank! Means you'll have lots of time to really plan everything out.

It arrived today after a long wait! Here it is in the box. I think it's going to be some time before this is up and running because I've decided to paint the room first and I have to plumb it to the basement sump -- which doesn't exist yet. It is 48x24x24 and it seems huge compared to my IM 38 gallon!

View attachment 110294

Nice, Bob is in the same boat. I told him he had to wait till I paint. I Started today, so he won't have to long to wait

I unboxed the cabinet today and I am not happy. The cabinet could've been nice... except somebody at the factory put the doors on crooked and decided to sloppily glue a lopsided piece of poorly cut black foam board on top of it. I have an email in to SC Aquariums... awaiting a response.
crooked cabinet doors small.jpg sloppy cabinet top smaller image.jpg

Attachments

• sloppy cabinet top smaller image.jpg
    sloppy cabinet top smaller image.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 540
  • crooked cabinet doors smaller image.jpg
    crooked cabinet doors smaller image.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 538
brand new custom stand by BSV12

Here is the amazing custom stand that Boston Reefer member BSV12 just delivered to my house this morning! I can't wait to get the tank on it.

New Stand small image.jpg

Fiji special from Bulk Reef Supply

For the tank, this is the new special Fiji dry rock that Bulk Reef Supply had as a limited time offer a few months ago (if anyone knows where I can get more of this, I'd love to know, as I didn't get enough and BRS is out of stock):

Fiji Special Rock small image.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back