Ph8.2
Amm0
Tri0
Tra0
Po4 ~.1
Ca400ppm
Dkh9
Just did 30% water change doing another 30 today wish me luck

Check your heater and pumps and look for current leak will help.

temp is 78.6F and salinity is 1.025..... i think it is my own doing, i washed out a new bag of chemi pure elite with tap water instead of RODI.... could that little bit of clorine kill it iall?

Should not be that dramatic. Also you may want to test for copper level.

Might be the dust from the Chemipure elite is is part GFO so if it got into the tank system it might aggravate the corals

from the picture it just looks like everything is just bummed out not dying. But hard to say without without that much info. Any other things change besides the Chemipure elite?

Nothing new... removed my dieing cheato algea.? Pics are horrid I'm sorry. It looks like the acan in melting and the favia looks like it is flaki g away

What type of salt do you use and what is your mag level?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I have a mag test kit you can bring over some water and I will test it for you. I'm Lincoln, ri

I don't think so but its worth testing... with salinity salt its probably not an issue. My friend was using red sea pro and after a few water changes his magnesium shot up to 1900's off the test kit chart. His corals all shrunk up and were very unhappy but none died...salinity is a great brand so it may not be the issue..

Have you removed the Chemi Pure? If not chances are that is your problem. Your best bet now is dilute and replenish. Mix more salt and change water. Use tap if you can't make RODI fast enough. According to your parameters your system is pretty clean and you introduced GFO. You chelated your essential nutrients. Good luck!

If you need to test Mag which is probably not your problem. You can borrow my kit. I'm down the road in Holliston.

I did infact take out the chemi pure elite, I changed it because I had my old one in for a month or so. I was jusy trying to remove the po4 because of my gha and cyano

You could run a poly pad.They change color while filtering to determine what might be in the water.
Have you done anything different to the tank lately?

Any other reccent changes? (alk adjustment after getting low maybe)

How do you test your SG? I once saw a tank with a lot of corals looking kind of like your pics and it turned out that the problem was a hydrometer that had drifted pretty far off leading to an elevated SG that seemed to be testing as normal.

Any other reccent changes? (alk adjustment after getting low maybe)

How do you test your SG? I once saw a tank with a lot of corals looking kind of like your pics and it turned out that the problem was a hydrometer that had drifted pretty far off leading to an elevated SG that seemed to be testing as normal.

nothing new to tank, I use distilled water mixed with seachem salinity and I use a refractometer 35ppt or 1.026 SG. I am also running a polyfilter along with tons of carbon . everything is looking MUCH better today excluding the anemone

I will however recalibrate it just to make sure

I would get a second set of eyes with second set of test equipment to to make sure

Also did you do anything like paint or use chemical in your house?

Any possibility you had a contaminant on your hand when working on the tank? Gas, chlorine?

I a willing to bet more than one tank has been lost to someone shocking their pool then putting the hands in the tank. A trace of shock would go a long way in an aquarium. And they still do not know why their tank went up in smoke.

Last edited:
Also I have heard of some cases where distilled water can be contaminated with copper if it were distilled using copper coils. Not common, but a remote possibility. Has the polyfilter turned any particular color?

Also I have heard of some cases where distilled water can be contaminated with copper if it were distilled using copper coils. Not common, but a remote possibility. Has the polyfilter turned any particular color?

Actually not making you own water sooner or later will bite you in the butt. Even LFS end up with high TDS and what not. the use of gas, cost of the water and removing the hassle of having to go get it make a 125-150RODI unit worth every penny > And you are in total control of the water you put in your tank and takes away an unknown variable.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back