My tiny little nano

058521C0-4018-4E3E-853D-1E322AD3E7B5.jpeg

4 weeks FLY BY FAST!!! I returned my other nero5 & added a gyre (Red Sea reefwave 25) albeit it is a ugly gyre compared to the ice cap 2k with the orange blades. The build quality is amazing it runs completely dead silent (40% max forward 100%max reverse). I ordered a new return pump max spect dou to replace the coral box dct4000 so I can finally set up my macro reactor n my uv and only would have to run one pump.I’ve added 2 more fish to the tank a black leopard wrasse and a captive bred yellow tang which my little scopas hates with a passion when the lights are on.

Last edited:
So after stalking an faithfully watching a few build threads I’ve decided to Document n start my very own thread (I know I’m a little late to the party but better late than never).

TANK: waterbox 50.3 AIO thanks to @OSA & Scott the man with the master plan
ROCK: 41lbs Caribsea arch
SAND: 48lbs Caribsea natural reef
ATO: UNS 45u 9.7 gallon (freshwater planted tank)
LIGHT: 3x prime 16hd, aquaticlife 36” hybrid T5, orphek OR3 90
FLOW: 3x Nero5 & return coral box dca4000 set to pulse mode)
NUTRIENT CONTROL: Pax bellum N18 & Tunze 9012
CONTROLLER: Apex EL, Atk, Vdm
U.V. STERILIZER: 25w Aqua u.v
LID: Red Sea diy( Red Sea lid on a waterbox tank I might as well add seahorse door handles at some point)
CABINETS: IKEA insert weird Swedish name here
I also bought a tunze 9012 for me 50.3 AIO. How did you get it to fit in the sump?!

I also bought a tunze 9012 for me 50.3 AIO. How did you get it to fit in the sump?!

that requires a little bit of modification nothing major (I’ll take pics when I get home)
Supplies egg crate/zip ties/ silicone mat/ crazy glue

1st step your going to want to build your self a small skimmer stand 2 3/4” tall I used egg crate with a 4x4 square section for the top of the stand I also cut small squares from a silicone pot mat from the kitchen to make vibration dampeners for the stand (not sure if I would have needed it or not but couldn’t hurt)
2nd remove the magnets from the skimmer your not going to need them and turn your skimmer sideways towards which ever filter sock section is closest (skims better for some reason)

that requires a little bit of modification nothing major (I’ll take pics when I get home)
Supplies egg crate/zip ties/ silicone mat/ crazy glue

1st step your going to want to build your self a small skimmer stand 2 3/4” tall I used egg crate with a 4x4 square section for the top of the stand I also cut small squares from a silicone pot mat from the kitchen to make vibration dampeners for the stand (not sure if I would have needed it or not but couldn’t hurt)
2nd remove the magnets from the skimmer your not going to need them and turn your skimmer sideways towards which ever filter sock section is closest (skims better for some reason)
I appreciate the quick response. I tried the skimmer yesterday and it was very loud and over skimming like crazy! That skimmer barely fits in. Did you mean the part with the magnets faces away from the filter sock?

I appreciate the quick response. I tried the skimmer yesterday and it was very loud and over skimming like crazy! That skimmer barely fits in. Did you mean the part with the magnets faces away from the filter sock?
Yes correct magnets away from sock dial it down until you find your sweet spot the skimmer is a work horse that’s for sure I didn’t really run into to much of a loudness issue I ruined a silicone pot holder and made dampener feet for my stand on my initial trial

Yes correct magnets away from sock dial it down until you find your sweet spot the skimmer is a work horse that’s for sure I didn’t really run into to much of a loudness issue I ruined a silicone pot holder and made dampener feet for my stand on my initial trial
Awesome. I ordered some egg crate and will be trying this in a couple of days. Thank you

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back