Naso Tang?

smiller5438

BRS Member
I’ve had a Naso Tang in QT since Tuesday. He showed signs of Ich so I am using Cupramine. He ate at the LFS when I bought him, but he hasn’t eaten anything since. He’s active but just not interested. I’ve tried red and green seaweed, reef frenzy, brine, spectrum pellets. Any tips? Something I’m missing on the list?
Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• BF254CCD-4220-4A8B-8E87-D336186BBC27.jpeg
    BF254CCD-4220-4A8B-8E87-D336186BBC27.jpeg
    605.5 KB · Views: 185
If this persists and you decide to continue QT direction vs. just put in your display, I would remove copper treatment do big water change with clean water and raise temperature if you see Ick. Go slowly all the way to 86 if you have to. Make sure to keep feeding good diet and try frozen mysis too. What is your QT Size and Fish Size? If the fish is big and QT too small and stark, it could be stressing the fish out.

Thanks. He definitely has Ich. He’s about 4-5” Fat and Healthy as you can see in photo. He’s in a 20L fully seeded (I keep a QT/Hospital running at all times). I thought about dropping Salinity to .19-.20 to give him some better breathing.... it’s really the Food issue. You think straight garlic would get him going?

Have you tried live foods yet?
Also my tangs love spirulina enriched brine shrimp.

No live foods yet. All different Frozen foods, flakes and Pellets. I haven’t tried Spirulina w/Brine. I live in Ayer. Know of any LFS w/ Live Foods?

Thanks

I was able to get black worms at Tropical Isle. He didn’t even sniff at em.... it’s been a long day but was able to move him to a 33Long QT. Its 4ft so I’m hoping the extra swimming room makes him happy. I also gave a Freshwater Dip. No Flukes that I could see and he handle it like a champ. Hoping for the best... Thanks to those who helped!

Back