Ann. NE Aquarium reef tank

"This exhibit represents an Indo-Pacific coral reef. The coral was handmade and painted by Aquarium artists. The habitat inside is so accurate that it can be hard to tell it isn’t real."

Failed!!!:D

"This exhibit represents an Indo-Pacific coral reef. The coral was handmade and painted by Aquarium artists. The habitat inside is so accurate that it can be hard to tell it isn’t real."

Failed!!!:D

Well, what can they do when Indo has a coral export ban for a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little off topic. I was there last month and I was surprised the big center tank had zero Tangs. Anyone have any idea why that is. Maybe just the temp is kept too low?

A little off topic. I was there last month and I was surprised the big center tank had zero Tangs. Anyone have any idea why that is. Maybe just the temp is kept too low?

Could be. It looks like it's an open water fish only tank. I don't remember seeing any type of reef fish in there. I haven't been there for a long time.

I just lost all motivation of going

I looked at the picture and thought the acros and corals looks kind of odd.
"The habitat inside is so accurate that it can be hard to tell it isn’t real." My a**. Lol.
I probably will go see it anyways.

Could be. It looks like it's an open water fish only tank. I don't remember seeing any type of reef fish in there. I haven't been there for a long time.

I looked at the picture and thought the acros and corals looks kind of odd.
"The habitat inside is so accurate that it can be hard to tell it isn’t real." My a**. Lol.
I probably will go see it anyways.
Wife wants to go with the family. Making the best of it lol

There are Angels in there, but I agree doesn't seem like many hiding spots and I have a feeling the temp is cooler.

Yes super lame with Fake corals in this new exhibit.

There are Angels in there, but I agree doesn't seem like many hiding spots and I have a feeling the temp is cooler.

Yes super lame with Fake corals in this new exhibit.

https://www.neaq.org/exhibit/giant-ocean-tank/

I don't think it's the temp. They keep it at 72-75 which is perfectly fine for the fish we keep in our tank. The tank is also touted as a "Caribbean Coral Reef Exhibit". So not sure why there's no tangs in there or if you have missed them.

Wife wants to go with the family. Making the best of it lol
If you have a library card, you can get discount passes that admit up to 4 adults for $10 each instead of the normal $29 per person. I went in March and they do have a few good exhibits with real coral. They're located to the left as soon as you go in, where the shark and rays touch tank is. Have fun with family.

I am a member and I was there three weeks ago with my daughter. Probably don’t keep tangs in the large tank due to constant crypto outbreaks. When I was there it was a trigger in the tank which was covered so bad it looks like somebody glued sand to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've not been there in a while. If anyone has a look at the live coral tank I'd like to know if the green M. palawanensis I donated a few years back is still there.

I saw that same Trigger Cpage … maybe even more than one. I was actually trying to convince myself it was a variety I hadn't seen before or something. :/

If you have a library card, you can get discount passes that admit up to 4 adults for $10 each instead of the normal $29 per person. I went in March and they do have a few good exhibits with real coral. They're located to the left as soon as you go in, where the shark and rays touch tank is. Have fun with family.
Awesome thanks for the tip dude

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back