need advice please

Lourdes

starting to build !!
Just noticed my 75 is leaking pretty good in the back :mad: so I need to make a decision now transfer to a 90 gall and have a choice of not being able to touch the inside since it will be 6'feet tall and I am 5'4'' I can barely reach now :( or to a 75 with oak trim not black :confused: tommorow is goin to suck :(

no, oak or black are no biggie to me.
but if it matters to you, then that's a concern, obviously.
hmm the 90 sounds tough. i can definitely see the problem of not reaching very deep into the tank.
anyone have a suggestion?
i think it's a matter of picking which bothers you more: oak trim or not being able to reach to the bottom.
i wish you luck with the move. sounds like a huge PITA.

I would go with the bigger tank and get help reaching the bottom if I needed it.

I've seen alot of members tanks that can't reach the bottom of their tanks without using a chair or step ladder. Go biggest you can deal with.

wrassefan said:
I've seen alot of members tanks that can't reach the bottom of their tanks without using a chair or step ladder. Go biggest you can deal with.
I'm one off those, if I need to do something on the bottom of the tank, I need a step ladder, and I'm 6'1"

Anyway, go bigger if you can.

Gustavo

Our 110G Upright Tank is 48" tall. Sitting on it's 36" stand, it's too high for us to reach the bottom without using a chair/step stool. We quickly adapted and it's no longer a bother.

I made a special 'scraping tool' consisting of a piece of 3/4" PVC with a thin slot cut into it for a razor blade. We use it to scrape the bottom 3-4" of the glass (above the DSB) when necessary.

Go for the bigger tank with the asthetics you prefer.

I hear you on the trim, if I had a black stand I would cringe at the thought of putting a oak trimmed tank on it unless there was a way I could put something over it to make it black, but even that would not leave me feeling very good about it because cover up jobs never look as good. I would definately go with the 90. I can't reach the bottom of my 92g but I stand on a chair and it works very well :)

well my dad just left and we figured out that the hang on skimmer was leaking and the water trickeled through the seams and that was my leak thank god !

Stephanie, I am also about presentation, no ghetto tank here !!! (besides the junked skimmer) yes Oceanic does make trim pieces but I'm a picky B****!

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with being picky, or demanding as long as you do it in a "nice" way!!! Congrads on it just being the skimmer!!!

Are you kidding me, if my wife said I could get a bigger tank but it had to be pokka dot with my wood stand I would do it :) I would not even cover it up......hell with it I would paint my stand and canopy to match

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back