Need help! 125 gallon

Bostoncoral

BRS Member
Hi everybody I was wondering if somebody could come over my house and help me with my tank..particularly with the Apex I just installed, coral plavement, flow, and setting up my calcium reactor! I test reguarly and dose manually to kerp my alk between 8 and 9.5...some of my corals are still not looking great/dying! Lps are fine but sps look like sh** and some are dying. This is my first reef tank and its been up for almost a year. Im located in lynn ma and i will pay for your time! I just want some other advice in person and not onlin

how much are you dosing ? If you don't have a huge demand you might be better off with an automatic doser or even just using kalkwasser in your ato . With a calcium reactor you can easily overshoot . Also what are all your numbers ? Nitrate Phosphate mag and calcium ? these need to be balanced and starting with keeping mag levels up or everything else will be off as Mag acts as a buffer .

how much are you dosing ? If you don't have a huge demand you might be better off with an automatic doser or even just using kalkwasser in your ato . With a calcium reactor you can easily overshoot . Also what are all your numbers ? Nitrate Phosphate mag and calcium ? these need to be balanced and starting with keeping mag levels up or everything else will be off as Mag acts as a buffer .
Im dosing brs calcium chloride and brs sodium bicarbonate manually.
Idk if u can read my log...dont test phosphate.
Mag is 1650

Attachments

• 15192814675761319612643.jpg
    15192814675761319612643.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 171
Cpage101 i think we chat a lot on facebook if im not mistaken!? My Name is Geoff Kellum

Oh ya! I am around Saturday 10:30 - 11 ish shoot me a PM of address and # if that works I can try to come by and help with what I can. I know enough to get your apex up and running as mine has been up for a year now and I have a printed manual handy also. I have not set up my CA reactor yet but I have a pretty good understanding of what needs to happen and the process lol! BTW your mag is high are you dosing this? usually I want to keep this 1390-1450.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks corey. I definitely think we can all learn from eachother. The more the better. Everyone knows a little of something. Ben is comming over around 11 or 12. You could come too if you want! Ill pm u the address. thanks

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back