Need Help Identifying Worm.. HELP!!

MattyP1720

Non-member
981913-e0f4d9d3af7bb6e3abc12d422a52923a.jpg
Hey guys just noticed this worm about a month ago. He doesn’t seem to be bothering my fish, shrimp or corals and seems to just be eating algae. Anyone ever seen one of these before and know if they are reef safe?! Please help! I’m not sure whether to remove the whole rock or not.. It seems to be staying in the same piece of rock and he’s active during the day and night. Took an amazing video of him stretching out and eating the algae but format wouldn’t load from my iPhone 8 Plus.. you can see the algae enter it’s mouth and pass thru it’s body... Wild

Attachments

• 1FEB5E0F-AA82-4D58-8725-9B59D644E8AA.png
    1FEB5E0F-AA82-4D58-8725-9B59D644E8AA.png
    545 KB · Views: 322
From what I can tell from pic, it’s just a common white “micro-feather duster” worm. Not sure what they’re really called. Either that or a spaghetti worm tube. Both are good.

What does it look like when it comes out?

I think I’ve been able to determine its a species of peanut worm!! Thanks for the reply guys.. he hasn’t ever fully come out just stretches out and lunges at the algae taking a bite and swallowing it. Which looks amazing!! You can see the algae enter it’s mourh and go down his body!!

I think I’ve been able to determine its a species of peanut worm!! Thanks for the reply guys.. he hasn’t ever fully come out just stretches out and lunges at the algae taking a bite and swallowing it. Which looks amazing!! You can see the algae enter it’s mourh and go down his body!!
Care to share what you think it is? Sounds cool. Definitely not a spaghetti worm or little duster worm if its lunging!!!

Back