Need help with skimmer

nemogonecrazy

Non-member
I have been having a problem with my skimmer for the past few weeks. What has been happening is it just keeps overflowing. I have tried adjusting and readjusting I have soaked all parts in vinegar over night, I have checked for blockages. Any ideas what may be causing it. I am not sure the brand so I attached photos of the top and a pic of what it looked like today when I cam home

Attachments

• IMG_3596.JPG
    IMG_3596.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_3597.JPG
    IMG_3597.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 248
Yup. Chris is right. I used to have that skimmer. If it’s to deep it will run like that.

I built a stand with pvc legs and frag crate to put the skimmer on.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will go ahead and try that. It has been in that depth for a almost a year any ideas as to what would make it start to act up like that?

I have been having a problem with my skimmer for the past few weeks. What has been happening is it just keeps overflowing. I have tried adjusting and readjusting I have soaked all parts in vinegar over night, I have checked for blockages. Any ideas what may be causing it. I am not sure the brand so I attached photos of the top and a pic of what it looked like today when I cam home

Did you dose chemi clean? Recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Along the lines of previoud questions and thinking....any new filter pads or filter floss in your system and my eshopps is recommended to run in 6 to 8 inches

I have not dosed anything. I have started to use a filter sock for the past couple weeks. I raised the skimmer so it was in 6 inches of water let it run and it did the same thing yesterday?

By any chance the Venturi line cracked and sucking in to much water? Is there anything blocking the outlet?

Do you run carbon? Try running some.
Could someone have sprayed something near the water or dropped in a few pinches too many of food

I have not dosed anything. I have started to use a filter sock for the past couple weeks. I raised the skimmer so it was in 6 inches of water let it run and it did the same thing yesterday?

Rand new filter sock? Did u bleach/rinse filter sock.

Once water level set correctly &consistent then run skimmer on dryest setting for a long time like dont touch it long time. And keep emptying cup if it freaks out dont let it overflow to sump. Here and there ok to overflow but try to dump all skimmate and keep on top of sump level and salinity etc. do this for several weeks then re-assess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back