need i.d. on these pest

wcj_ink

Non-member
I want to know what these tubes are and how do I get rid of them. they have been letting out webs and the webs have been attaching themselves to my near by acros and irritating them. I want to destroy them.

Attachments

• 20200528_200246.jpg
    20200528_200246.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 430
I have a couple of bumble bees they dont touch them but I just superglued the holes up and the then topped them off with reef glue lol

I just brake them off every time I see one. If I get them on a new frag plug I'll brake them off too

I essentially just do this as well. I also don't have a clam which is really the only reason I'd consider them a nuisance. I haven't actually broken any off in my tank for quite some time. That being said I also don't have them casting their annoying spider-web meshy net around in my tank. If they did that I'd be gluing them shut faster than my clowns have been doing the dirty dance...

I essentially just do this as well. I also don't have a clam which is really the only reason I'd consider them a nuisance. I haven't actually broken any off in my tank for quite some time. That being said I also don't have them casting their annoying spider-web meshy net around in my tank. If they did that I'd be gluing them shut faster than my clowns have been doing the dirty dance...
hahahaha...I took care of all 5 I had lastnight. I woke up this morning and no webs around my acros. I was dirty dancing of happiness this morning lol

They are awful, almost impossible to get rid of. I've used WaterWeld and super glue, but they just pop out somewhere else.

Not to hijack..

I'm having the same problem. Tons of them just started spewing webs 2 nights ago. Been doing alot of reading and they basically just s@ck!
Theyre bothering my palys and zoas to the point of recession but theyre so tiny its hard to get at them.
I need to feed heavy to keep nutrients up because the ATS is so efficient, so they get fed well too unfortunately.
Another friggin pest to deal with ugggg..

Not to hijack..

I'm having the same problem. Tons of them just started spewing webs 2 nights ago. Been doing alot of reading and they basically just s@ck!
Theyre bothering my palys and zoas to the point of recession but theyre so tiny its hard to get at them.
I need to feed heavy to keep nutrients up because the ATS is so efficient, so they get fed well too unfortunately.
Another friggin pest to deal with ugggg..
man good luck!! I only had about 6 of them on one particular rock. I do have like 3 more but they are not throwing out mucus so I left them alone. but if they start I will superglue every one of them lol.

man good luck!! I only had about 6 of them on one particular rock. I do have like 3 more but they are not throwing out mucus so I left them alone. but if they start I will superglue every one of them lol.
I appreciate the luck!!!
If i stumble across a better solution i will let you know.
Meanwhile... the struggle is real lol

I appreciate the luck!!!
If i stumble across a better solution i will let you know.
Meanwhile... the struggle is real lol
I've done some reading and to me it's either try to manually get them out or glue them are the best way to deal with them without hurting your beneficial bacteria

Reactions: KJB
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back