Nem question.

FixIt

Soaking in the salt info
The bottom looks dark. Does it look ok or is something wrong with it?
41c12a35f9807ca91bda40573aad94d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Another pic as it seems to be closing up.
3e89b184066ae866425d2d55897ba3a4.jpg

New purchase or have you had it a while looks bleached to me from the photos aside from the lose of color I see no other serious health signs

New purchase or have you had it a while looks bleached to me from the photos aside from the lose of color I see no other serious health signs
It was a little greener but not much when I got it about 2 months ago. It is under my rocks and hides a lot more than it is out sometimes. It never really looks great.

Everything else in my tank but the 2 news I have seem to do great. The news on the other hand I am just not happy with and want them to do better.
186c89cecb8a4a1c3b5493d60867c28c.jpg

Likely just you settings on the prime nems are finicky when it comes to light. In most cases if the nems hiding under the rock or a shaded rock that overhangs means it's getting too much light and doesnt like it. What's your settings on the AI prime HD? Did you run someone else's preset schedule off one or the forums or Facebook pages.

Likely just you settings on the prime nems are finicky when it comes to light. In most cases if the nems hiding under the rock or a shaded rock that overhangs means it's getting too much light and doesnt like it. What's your settings on the AI prime HD? Did you run someone else's preset schedule off one or the forums or Facebook pages.
Yes I did but it has been running since I got the prime a few months back. I am not sure this pic tells you what you need to know I just want things to be good. Do you have a recommendation on a schedule that will be good for the nems and have enough white light for the maxima I have?
efc1c50dac9c8aba69dd3b18699e13fb.jpg

Ok next questions going to be what tank is it my guess is 32g biocube from the photo but that matters when picking a schedule.

So just my personal opinion but based on the tank and your coral that schedule is way to strong on the whites which is what's causing the nem to bleach. I have a gold maxima clam in my redsea 250 on the sand under a reef breeder v2 10in off the water my whites max at 28 and my clams still growing and perfectly health. If you were more into sps I'd say that schedule was fine but where you have a mostly lps stock it's a bit overkill. Those AI prime HD are very strong lights and most presets you can download are made by people who run hydra 26 & 52 over very deep tanks. Most guys think the most successful schedules are what they should go with. But dont look into how deep that person tank is what fixture they have how many and what coral they grow. Personally for your tank and if you wanted the nem to color back up. I'd do one of 2 things either lower the whites on your current schedule if you really like that one. Or change schedules a few I'd recommend for what your tank has is AB+ which mimics radions schedule into AI. Pirates of the Caribbean which is very similar to yours with its peaks and lows randomly. And lastly one of the more popular David saxby but use a modified version as the original is for a custom deep tank and the high red greens he runs will grow algae like a mofo in smaller system.

So heres 2 I've used myself first is Pirates of the Caribbean second is a modified David Saxby built for use over a IM30g long which is a bit more comparable to your biocube then his normal schedule which I believe is for a almost 4ft deep tank which is why when guys download it thinking it's the best they end up disappointed because they try using it over a 21in deep tank when his is double that.
Screenshot_20190102-172509_myAI.jpg
Screenshot_20190102-172533_myAI.jpg

If you had to choose one of those 2 that you just showed which 1 would you think would give best growth and be optimal for not only the nam's but also the clear my house? I do like a longer schedule for tank viewing but not set on that if it will hinder the tank. One other question I have is right now my light is about 7" off the surface of the water should it be higher?
Thank you for your help also. It means a great deal to me to find people such as yourself and this site overall willing to help out new people such as me.

Personally I run a custom one for my tank with the primes just because it's more for zoas and my custom ones had them growing like mad. But of the two if longer viewing is what you like I'd go with pirates do to when I ran it I didnt find it grew tons of bad algae for how long of a schedule it is. Where as the David saxby can grow algae if you ran the original version on a small tank or extend it to far. On top of that pirates runs fairly low white so after you use it a bit let your corals adjust to the new setting you could always turn it up a tiny bit at a time until you got it where you personally like it. I find most presets are a good base to begin at but not everyone is perfect for every tank. There designed for the tank they are run on which not many people have the exact same system be it tank size filtration live stock. I tweak almost every preset I've used to what my tank can handle and based on the corals reaction to each tweak. Glad I could help and keep us updated on the progression.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back