Nems and Lighting

AC_Rhino

Non-member
So I bought this light here (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LJKNWS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for a sump I'm putting together. The sump will just be growing macro algae in the refugium however I might end up housing misfit murder crabs, starfish, etc. in there as a time out room. I know this light is not appropriate for corals but would it be ok for anemones if I need to put one of my FRA's or RBTA's in there for a time out or if I split one of the nems in half for it to stay?

Short time would be fine. I wouldn't do it forever. Btw, why would you put a Nem in for time out?lol

Short time would be fine. I wouldn't do it forever. Btw, why would you put a Nem in for time out?lol
I have a RFA right now that goes for extended walkabouts all over my high end zoa frag rack ... little prick. I've got someone coming to take it away this week ... but if my sump was up and running I would just put it in there for now. Because right now as we speak and I'm at work that annoying little fekker is creeping on my corals and knocking things around.

Sounds like it's not happy, something is off. Be it lighting water quality . But nems generally stay put if things are right. Doesn't mean they wouldn't walk but most of the time if things are good they sit tight

Sounds like it's not happy, something is off. Be it lighting water quality . But nems generally stay put if things are right. Doesn't mean they wouldn't walk but most of the time if things are good they sit tight
it was just getting big ... really big ... and feeling things with teeny tiny tips of its death noodles that it had to explore.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back