Neptune WAV Pumps - Who Uses Them?

Frag Freaks

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
I am going to go with some Neptune WAV pumps on my new 84”x20”x20” in wall tank I am building.

I am struggling to to decide on how many WAV pumps I might need. I hear they are super powerful.

Anyone have experience with them? How many and on what size tank? What corals are you keeping. I will be keeping primarily LPS with some SPS.

I was thinking I may need 3 or 4. Thoughts?

Doesn't help at all. but, I've been seeing time and time again that the WAV's crap out after a year or two.

Is the only reason I went with MP40's over them as I am a big time Neptune fanboy.

Either way, I would go with 4.

Doesn't help at all. but, I've been seeing time and time again that the WAV's crap out after a year or two.

Is the only reason I went with MP40's over them as I am a big time Neptune fanboy.

Either way, I would go with 4.

Thanks for the feedback. I was originally thinking MPs but like you I love having all the Neptune stuff.

Do you happen to know if the issue with the WAVs were with initial release stuff or if people have been having better luck with later build dates.

I’ve seen the same complaints about the wav pumps. Seams like as soon as the warranty is up they crap out. Some people have better luck but also clean them religiously.

Thanks for the feedback. I was originally thinking MPs but like you I love having all the Neptune stuff.

Do you happen to know if the issue with the WAVs were with initial release stuff or if people have been having better luck with later build dates.

As Chris said, they seem to crap out once the warranty is up, still happening now. As much as I love Neptune, you cannot beat the maintenance with the mp’s. I have an extra wet side for each pump, makes everything a breeze. Plus they’re a wider stream of flow than the wav’s. Plus running them with the WXM controls my lights (radions) and pumps.

I'm on my 5th WAV. One was replaced 3X & the other 2X. On one occasion each, the pump was at fault. on the other 3 occasions, the EB8 had bad ports & fried the WAV's. All the WAV's were replaced under warranty. I had to pay $75.00 for a replacement EB8. This all happened in a span of less than 2 years.

I have 2 wavs and 2 gyres xf 230 running on a 265 7ft tank....only a couple of months old but love the "no power brick" application withe the apex. That alone to me is worth replacing every 2 years..sort of. You could get away with 2 to start...but running 4 at lower rpms may help with wear

I'm on my 5th WAV. One was replaced 3X & the other 2X. On one occasion each, the pump was at fault. on the other 3 occasions, the EB8 had bad ports & fried the WAV's. All the WAV's were replaced under warranty. I had to pay $75.00 for a replacement EB8. This all happened in a span of less than 2 years.

Whats the warranty span on them 2 years? Thats crazy you needed to replace so often.

I have 2 wavs and 2 gyres xf 230 running on a 265 7ft tank....only a couple of months old but love the "no power brick" application withe the apex. That alone to me is worth replacing every 2 years..sort of. You could get away with 2 to start...but running 4 at lower rpms may help with wear

Good point here. I would prefer to run them at lower rpms and have more to cover flow.

Would be interesting to hear at what rpm and duration were they running pumps that failed.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back